sleuth channel coming soon to Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LMckin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 30, 2005
Upstate SC
i just got an email from sleuth channel about coming to directv here is the reply

from Nichols, Stephanie P (NBC Universal, CNBC)
Thank you for your comments regarding our new service, Sleuth. Sleuth will be available on DirecTV in the coming months. Also please check out www.sleuthchannel.com for all new information on Sleuth.

Seeing the A-Team and Night Rider again would be cool. I like re-runs because they're better than most of the new crap they create today which shows the lack of intellect of the American people.

Roger said:
Seeing the A-Team and Night Rider again would be cool. I like re-runs because they're better than most of the new crap they create today which shows the lack of intellect of the American people.

the a-team is currently showing on tvland and Knight rider will be on tvland soon also. addittion to the showing on sleith channel

I did not see the HD version of this. There's supposed to be one. Otherwise, do not bring it we already have enough SD channels of re-runs.

Sean Mota said:
I did not see the HD version of this. There's supposed to be one. Otherwise, do not bring it we already have enough SD channels of re-runs.

Knight Rider is now showing on Universal HD maybe that will be the HD version?

How much room does DTV have to keep adding SD channels without affecting picture quality? I have no interest in HD until every channel is HD or until I can get a 27" HD TV for around $500 tops. How much do 27" HD TVs run now?

I need Sleuth Channel!

Yes I can't live without Knight Rider!I hope it is a standard def. Channel because I dont have hd yet!I grew up with Knight Rider and it would be nice to watch it every day.I emailed Sleuth to see if it would be the Standard Def. Channel (which by the way Comcast in my area has!)and they said due to large email volume etc. they couldn't mail me back!Im unlucky so don't look for Sleuth anytiume soon!

Directvisforme said:
Yes I can't live without Knight Rider!I hope it is a standard def. Channel because I dont have hd yet!I grew up with Knight Rider and it would be nice to watch it every day.I emailed Sleuth to see if it would be the Standard Def. Channel (which by the way Comcast in my area has!)and they said due to large email volume etc. they couldn't mail me back!Im unlucky so don't look for Sleuth anytiume soon!

they going to have three diffrent service for Sleuth SD channel and HD & VOD Channel of Sleuth the hd & VOD channel will come Later this year.

SLEUTH, launching January 1, 2006, will be the first network to offer a digital triple pack service, which features a standard definition digital channel (SD), hi-definition simulcast channel (HD), and a video-on-demand (VOD) channel offered as a digital bundle. The SD digital channel will be available January 1, 2006, with the VOD and HD offerings available later in 2006.

from http://www.nbccableinfo.com/insidenbccable/nbcuniversal/inthenews_110205.html

Roger said:

A-Team and Night Rider, therefore shows more intellect?:D

Screen size doesn't directly compare between SD and HD sets b/c they are measured diagonally and the HD is wider (16:9 format). Consequently a 27-inch HD screen is wider, but not as tall as a 27-inch SD.

I recently replaced a 20-inch SD with a 23-inch HD. The heights are roughly the same. If your goal is to improve on the size of a 27, you most likely need a 30 inch HD.

Wow, an all cop-show channel; my dad would love this! However, he's out of luck, he just switched to E*!

Knight Rider and The Equalizer are in HD on UHD, and they look pretty good. The sets, clothes, and cars are quite a hoot in HD. It keeps giving me a total '80s flashback!

HDTVs are getting dirt cheap. I just got a 30" Sony Trinitron WEGA for $699 at BB. I've seen 4:3 HDTVs at Wal-Mart for less than $300!

ChrisPC said:
Wow, an all cop-show channel; my dad would love this! However, he's out of luck, he just switched to E*!
Knight Rider and The Equalizer are in HD on UHD, and they look pretty good. The sets, clothes, and cars are quite a hoot in HD. It keeps giving me a total '80s flashback!
HDTVs are getting dirt cheap. I just got a 30" Sony Trinitron WEGA for $699 at BB. I've seen 4:3 HDTVs at Wal-Mart for less than $300!

i would espect when more hdtv stations start broadcasting in hd i would expect those tv's will come down to even more.this is only my guess.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)