Slimline alignment help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mmulet

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 21, 2004
Southern Minnesota
Morning.

I've looked through the forum, but haven't quite found the answer to this, so bear with me, and if you can help or point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

I've done all my own satellite installs over many years, but this 5 LNB setup has me stuck.

I'm in zip code 55060, had 3 lnb setup. Swapped out arms, installed a slimline 5 lnb dish according to the instructions as well as the videos at solid signal, using an Accutrac 22 pro (don't really have the money to go out and buy another alignment tool, although that may solve the problem).

I get as good a signal as my 3 lnb setup on 101, 110, and 119, (77%), but I'm not getting much on 99, or 103 (although on transponder 4 of 103, I'm getting a signal of about 16%).

Interestingly enough, initial setup gives me one set of parameters (Azimuth 190, elevation 39, tilt 82) but when I'm checking signal strength with the receiver (under signal meter), at the top of the screen it is giving different parameters (Azimuth 202, elevation 34, tilt 78).

What am I doing wrong, and how do I fix it (other than buying a new signal meter that can sync with 103 or 99, and I'd rather not call Directv for the install - its a matter of pride!)? Currently, the dish is aimed at 190, 39, 82. Maybe I'm centered on 110 instead of 101? How can I tell?

Thanks for any and all help!

Miguel Mulet

The 3 LNB dish is pointed at 110 whereas the 5 LNB dish points at 101. Therefore, you need the correct alignment parameters. What receiver are you using?

No, I don't get any HD locals to home in on. I'm using an H20, so I did select the 5 LNB dish during setup and used the initial parameters it said to use. Also cross checked with another program of the internet which corresponded to the first set of parameters.

Miguel

All the current channels are spot beamed locals, you may not fall under any of the current beams so you will not have any signal strength until Sept when 103 lights up with national signals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts