Slimline and new multiswitch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mloiterman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2005
I'm getting ready to order my slimline from DirecTV. When I order, will DTV provide me with a new multiswitch or do I need to get my own? If they do provide me with one, is it of poor quality?

Is this one still the suggested multiswitch for the new slimline dish: Zinwell WB68 Wide Band 6x8 Multi-Switch DirecTV AT9 KaKu 5 LNB HDTV Dish Satellites Ka 99-103 and Ku 101 110 & 119

I have four receivers: 2 H20-600s, a D10 and an older DirecTivo unit. For the H20's should I go ahead and install the BBC units now, or wait until I get the new dish?

If you are getting a Slimline installed and have more than 4 lines, then you will get a multiswitch. You can make sure they put it on the order. Some installers wont want to do it if they dont see a multiswitch on it.

Get BBC's now. Avoid the rush. You only need them for MPEG4 receivers like H20 and HR20.

My BBCs came with my H20s. I don't even understand what they're for. Is it ok to add them in now, with my Phase III?

So, is that Zinwell the right switch?

Also, when I have the slimline installed, is there anything to watch out for? I guess I should just make sure everything is peaked before the installer leaves and that he uses the mounting arms.

What signals should I be shooting for? I have a perfectly clear view of the sky.

Yes to correct switch. Dont need the BBC's until you get the Slimline. You can put the BBC's anytime just make sure they are up and running by September. It wont hurt to install now. For signal strength, I get mostly 90's for my area with a few spotbeams at 100. Clear sight I wouldnt worry about it unless you get an iffy installer.

You will not see 90's or 100's on H20 receivers.
Expect around 80's on the KU band and depending upon spot beam 40's to 90's on the KA band.

You will not see 90's or 100's on H20 receivers.
Expect around 80's on the KU band and depending upon spot beam 40's to 90's on the KA band.

Wasn't there a software upgrade to fix the signal strength issue with H20's?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)