slimline will not lock onto 101

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KenStomski

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
Western Massachusetts
Here is a good one (of course this is happening when we are 3 hours away from our shop) - using both an aim and a birdog meter we can get a phase one (legacy reflector) to lock onto 101. when we use a slimline neither meter will lock. we have tried two sl5 and sl3 lnbs (we cannot use swm for this install because we are going to go into a swm16 switch because we need 11 tuners). the jpole is plumb. we have aimed hundreds of slimlines. we have tried all combinations of azimuth, elevation, and skew. the LOS is perfect. we are STUMPED! any ideas out there? Directv's ISS tech support has no clue.

Hi jimbo,

the aim wants you to peak 101 first before any fine tuning, so we didnt try to lock onto any other bird. i should also mention we watched the signal strength on a d-12 hooked directly up to the lnb and we dont see any activity whilst sweeping the dish....

lsantana81 said:
The reflector may have a slight bend... Rebuild the dish and check for los

Stole my idea! Lol I have had this issue, swapped the reflector and bingo! Locked right on

I had 2! One wouldn't lock 101 at all and had no visible damage and the other wouldn't pass EIV on the AIM, kept failing the 103. It's odd but it happens

Wow ....

I think the reflector would have been the LAST thing I would have expected.
With the shape of the reflector and the edge that is put on them, you would think that it would be easy to see if it had been dropped or messed up, but if no kinks are obvious ....

Jimbo said:
Wow ....

I think the reflector would have been the LAST thing I would have expected.
With the shape of the reflector and the edge that is put on them, you would think that it would be easy to see if it had been dropped or messed up, but if no kinks are obvious ....

Yeah you would think! But it seems to happen, not a lot but I see it prolly once a month in my market, not from me but just random techs having an issue

Jimbo said:
Quitew possibly could be from the people shipping them, tossing them and whatnot.

Or the way us techs store them in our vans. I keep mine in a large 30 gal. Tote but I've only had the 2 be weird to me. Had the old side car dish give me fits before, now when I get to a service call with 1 I leave with them getting a new slimline :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)