Sling Adapter and Google TV

DocPit

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
Midwest
I just went online to get a quote for DISH Network service. My quote was based on a 722k receiver with Sling Adapter. However, the quote did not show any charge for Google TV. Perhaps someone can help me out with this.

1) I thought the sole purpose of the Sling Adapter is to enable TV Everywhere.

2) I've talked with DISH reps on two occasions. On one occasion, the rep said that for TV Everywhere, I need a Sling Adapter + Google TV. Another said Sling Adapter + Logitech Revue. I thought Google TV was a service and Logitech Revue was hardware.
Both DISH reps said $179 one time charge + $4/mo for HD-DVR integration. Are these, in fact, necessary for TV Everywhere? If so, why doesn't DISH reflect that in their estimate when I'm ordering service?

Much obliged for any info.

For TV Everywhere, you just need a 722/722k and sling adapter. You do not need the Logitech Revue (with Google TV) to be able to use the TV everywhere, just need a good internet connection with the receiver, and the sling adapter. The Revue and Sling Adapter are two separate things as isaacmorse pointed out

If you do get a Logitech Revue, you do have to pay $4 for the DVR integration, otherwise there's no additional monthly charges for the sling adapter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)