Sling adaptor not working.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jtoo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2013
Maine
Hi everyone,

I have a dish 722k hooked up to a sling adaptor, which all of a sudden just stopped working tonight. I've unplugged and reset the receiver to no avail. The light is not coming on the sling adaptor at all, I've checked and I have a good network connection, just no sling availability. When Ive unplugged and plugged it back in to the USB I get the message on the screen to activate, however in system info it says the Sling is not there. Has anyone else had this issue with the sling adaptor? Could it be possible that it just died?

Thanks,

J

Just to chime in, these Sling adapters are incredibly fragile electrically. I think I have had something like 5 replacements for mine, Dish even sent me a new receiver in case it was causing them to fail, but they have failed on the new receiver as well. Your symptoms tell me this is the likely case for you as well.

It may be time to consider upgrading to an HWS. I always had troubles with my SA on my 722 then on my original Hoppers. One day they would work Next day not, no matter how many times I rebooted. Then the next day, they would work again. With the HWS, I've always been able to connect via DA.

I just recently had a Sling Adapter fail. Wouldn't ya know it, I was on a week vacation at the time. It worked for a few days while I was away, then it didn't. When I go home I found the failure. I replaced it and all is well. The old one lasted for years and years, all the way back to my 722...

I have 3 and all 3 are working strong still. Unfortunately, I have a HWS and a H2K so I only need one.

Side note, anyone want a sling adapter. Lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)