Slingbox Solo to Dish Joey?

sswalters

Original poster
Nov 27, 2013
Atlanta
Hi Guys,

New guy here and have a SlingBox question.

I currently have a SlingBox Solo connecting easily to my current Comcast DVR. I am thinking of going to the Dish HWS and 3 Joeys. I would also like the capability to sling two streams at once - so my wife and I can do so remotely at the same time if needed.

I know the HWS will let me use the DishAnywhere app. So I was wondering if it would be possible to connect my Solo to a Joey to use as the second sling source? I know if it works, that I would need to use the SlingPlayer app for the Solo.

Is this possible? Thanks in advance for any help.

Not that you would want to go this route but I think if you get 2 hoppers you get 2 sling tuners in the dish app.... would be more seamless having it all on the dish anywhere app vs going between dish anywhere and sling (not to mention dish anywhere is free).

And you also get 6 tuners vs 3.

Thanks! That is great news. Therefore I really won't need to buy a second Hopper. Any issues or concerns you have with slinging the solo off the joey and using the DishAnywhere app simultaneously?

Really appreciate your response.

Thanks jagowar. Thats been option 2. Just get two HWS, or one HWS and one hopper with a sling adaptor. etc.

I agree its not that much more money, but I've been so sick of my huge Comcast bill that I have become consumed with squeezing the most capability from the lowest cost configuration. I think I just enjoy researching this stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)