Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Has anyone got their Coolsat or Fortec receiver to fully work with a Slingbox?

I got mine working with my Coolsat 5000, however I can not get into the menus to do things like Blind scans and things like that.

I want to be able to fully control my receiver from work. Anyone got any ideas how to do this?

I have been thinking about the slingbox for awhile.I was hoping the price would come down.Looks like an interesting new toy.Is it easy to set up and use ?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Has anyone got their Coolsat or Fortec receiver to fully work with a Slingbox?

I got mine working with my Coolsat 5000, however I can not get into the menus to do things like Blind scans and things like that.

I want to be able to fully control my receiver from work. Anyone got any ideas how to do this?

scott get the file here for your coolsat remote to work properly

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=87

by the way you noticed the monsoon timeshift media coming july 31st

that will give sling a run for the money.

I have that file already, it works with my COOLSAT 5000 fine, however the menu button does not work. (Not does it have buttons for TV / Radio, SAT and a few other common buttons.

scott

ask at JP1

you will need the device and subdevice (NEC1) codes for this STB

and if i am not mistaken you will get the specific codes from the learning remote.

Eastcoast said:
At the risk of sounding Dumb, what is a slingbox. I have a coolsat 5000 so fill me in.

Dave

eastcost
slingbox is a timeshift device ,with that you are able to watch your channels anywhere you have broadband connection,you can actually use a remote on your screen to change the channels.take a look (slingmedia.com).

That is a nice device but I may have to hold off from investing in one now as I'm leaning toward this minibud experiment with a 1.2m dish and C/KU LNBF.Hoping Scott can shed some light on that over the weekend when he tries that 421.

Dave

Status
Please reply by conversation.