SlingCatcher

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
Ok, I am going to take the plunge and buy a Slingbox Pro HD and SlingCatcher.

2 quick questions though about the SlingCather first though. Hopefully someone with one can answer them for me.

1. Does the SlingCatcher do HD yet?

2. Does it have built in wireless N or is it stickly ethernet?

3. Does the SlingCatcher only work while the home network or if I go to a hotel, can I bring the SlingCatcher with, and watch TV at the hotel on an actually TV?

I have watched many reviews and read many reviews online but, all have conflicting info so, I figured who better to ask then someone who already has one. And, I do trust this forum and value the info I get from it's members.

Thanks in advance. :cool:

O.k. I'll help

1) the Slingcatcher does not do HD yet they're hoping to enable it through a firmware update is what I've heard.

2)no wireless built in but Sling does sell the SlingLink Turbo PowerLine Ethernet Adapter. I tried a Netgear powerline network device (14mps) and it wasn't a real good picture. the faster ones may work much better. On my (wired) home network I've seen streaming speeds of up to 7500 KB on my Slingcatcher. At this speed the picture is great(near HD).

3) I don't know; I'm sure it should work the same as the Slingplayer on a computer. just output to AV outputs.

I bought the SlingboxHD & Slingcatcher to extend my 722 to my bedroom. My only complaint in using them this way is the responsiveness of the remote. it's very slow (I can't explain but you'll see) I watch the commercials instead of trying to skip them now because of the slowness.

Please ask more Questions if you have them. we're glad to help.

3) Slingcatcher is designed to take anywhere. You just need that network connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)