SlingTV Invites going out tonight 1/26

I got mine.

For those who care, the $5/mo sports extra package is ESPNU, ESPNEWS, ESPN Goal Line/Buzzer Beater/Bases Loaded, SEC Network, BeIN Sports, Universal Sports, and Univision Deportes

Reactions: fhsucade07
Signed up with a different email, still not sure why my main one is "taken".

It would not go through with adding the sports add on. so I went without and see no way to add the other packages after the fact.

Very quick navigation on the roku 3. pq seems good.

I just googled it and it says they now support all Roku models. Gonna set it up tomorrow.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

This seems like a stop gap measure if I ever seen one, or at best it's a work in progress. Future of TV to me seems like, or at least hope will be a future where the middle man that is the cable/satellite provider is removed from the equation.

Got my invite today and I will try them for 7 days free. So far the picture looks pretty dark on my computer screen and the picture quality isn't that good. You can't even make it fit the full screen. When you look at what is available to watch , it really isn't much to choose from. I won't be keeping it after the 7 days, just trying it out to see what it's all about.

Got my invite today and I will try them for 7 days free. So far the picture looks pretty dark on my computer screen and the picture quality isn't that good. You can't even make it fit the full screen. When you look at what is available to watch , it really isn't much to choose from. I won't be keeping it after the 7 days, just trying it out to see what it's all about.
You are doing something wrong Or you have the software setup to limit bandwidth usage. Full screen is easy and pq is on par with Netflix hd

Just noticed they also turned on the "start over" option if you join a program late on many of the channels.

You are doing something wrong Or you have the software setup to limit bandwidth usage. Full screen is easy and pq is on par with Netflix hd

Just noticed they also turned on the "start over" option if you join a program late on many of the channels.
My connection speed says Best quality -no limit. That is the best right? The screen is still showing a large portion of black bar along the bottom even when I hit the little box for full screen. But some of the channels still look darker than I am used to .

Have you tried it on a roku? The PQ that I saw last night with my roklu 3 was on par with what I get out of my hopper. Will test more today. Setting up the roku stick as I type

Looks as good on the Roku stick and the pc to me with a quick test.
Anyone been able to sub to the add on packs?

Got my invite last night. Will be trying it out on my roku 3 but the issue with not being able to have this on more than one device at time is a turn off for me.

Have you tried it on a roku? The PQ that I saw last night with my roklu 3 was on par with what I get out of my hopper. Will test more today. Setting up the roku stick as I type
Gave my free roku player to my parents since I had the same media apps as my blu ray player. So I don't have one anymore. I am only just testing it because it is free.

Looks as good on the Roku stick and the pc to me with a quick test.
Anyone been able to sub to the add on packs?
I added the news sub pack ,but to do it I had to hit back several times to get back to the add screen. So if I stay with sling it would cost me like $27.00 to keep it +tax.

I had it added initially but could not get it to go through on my dell tablet. Went to the surface and never could get to that screen. I see no way to add it after the fact. Oh well, not that big of a deal, just was curious

I added the news sub pack ,but to do it I had to hit back several times to get back to the add screen. So if I stay with sling it would cost me like $27.00 to keep it +tax.
No tax on my account showing. What state are you in?

As for full screen. If your PC is set to a higher than HD resolution, I can get bars to appear, might be an app aspect ratio thing. But on my Macbook Pro, Surface pro 3 etc, full screen is not an issue

My stream rates are anywhere between 3.6 and 4.9mbps when I check. Espn during sports events uses most and other channels generally less.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)