Slow Hr-22-100 Piss poor CS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

frytzz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
I am an 8 year customer with Directv. I have a hr22-100 that I have reset, unplugged and hard reset. My problem with it is that it takes anywhere from 1-3 minutes at least twice a day to do anything to the box. I can't change the channel, bring up the guide etc.....

I called customer service and for the first time with DTV I am pissed, I was transferred twice to the wrong department. I then asked for retention - and the Rep told me that 1-3 minutes plus is acceptable. It has only started to do this in the last month.......It makes no difference how much is on the DVR it still does it.......He tried to argue with me and tell me that I was eligible for a free upgrade at a cost of 199.99 to me. That is not a free upgrade.........

Could someone that has Ellen's email please post it for me.....

I am so pissed...

Brian

1st step is to calm down; it won't get you anywhere.

Call back an talk to another agent (not a 1st line rep if you can get past them) and see what happens as this is not acceptable.

I am calm, but when you have to deal with IDIOTS for 40 minutes and they give S*itty service. You tend to get pissed,
this is the 1st time in 8 years that I have been pissed off at them. I already emailed Ellen, 1st time for that, So I guess
I will see what happens in the next few days. My account is notated, So I am not calling them back....They can call
me....Speaking to 3 agents and all of them essentially telling me that the box is supposed to work that way is utter
garbage.......

I expect more from them period.....

Brian

It does seem slower since the last software update. A lot slower at times. And not that it was speedy before.

There are times when it 2 minutes or more to do anything, the screen basically "freezes." Then it takes so long for it to recognize any command...Customer service told me waiting longer than 1-2 minutes for any function is 100% acceptable......

Brian

The Executive Team called me today, and guess what it took less than 5 minutes to get it replaced....
Eight years with these people and yesterday was the first time that I have received piss poor service......I just hope they send an hr-24, but I highly doubt it will happen.....

Brian

Glad they got your order entered. Let us know what you end up getting next week.

Are they shipping it, most likely will be a refurb, or doing a truck roll, which makes it more possible for a newer box.

They are shipping it, so I expect another hr-22, but Hell I could always get lucky......Let's hope................

My HR21-200 has been doing this for a few weeks, probably since the last update. It does it right before midnight and again at around 0600. It takes more than a minute to change channels if you can get the key presses accepted. Most other times its OK.

my hr22 has been slower with the latest software update but I haven't experienced anything this bad yet

Since the last update on 5/26, my HR21/100 is even SLOWER than before...and also freezes as well more often. I subscribed to DirecTV back from '95-'03, and from '09-present. My contract is up this October, so I'm hesitant on purchasing a new HR24, as I'm considering a switch to Fios or back to Cablevision. But, Fios isn't on my street yet and I hate the idea of putting more money into Dolan's wallet. I have always preferred DirecTV, and most likely will stay. Just starting to get impatient with the lack of new HD additions (not including pay channels) and the whole greed thing of "purchasing" a leased receiver...oh yeah, and contracts:)

Sorry...I usually don't rant.

Happy Fathers Day to those fathers!!!

Guys,
When the Executive Rep called me, He told me that he hasn't heard of the "Slow down" of the boxes yet.
He told me I was the 1st person to complain, so call in and tell them. They may fix it, they offered me
a free upgrade, but then she said I would have to go online and purchase a new box....That's not an
upgrade and it would of started a new contract.......
Brian

It's completely unrealistic that Directv doesn't know about how sluggish some of the dvr models are.

Well Guys,
They sent me the same box hr-22 100, if the update does cause these problems
I guess I am still screwed.......I will not be a happy camper.....

Brian

Well Guys,
They sent me the same box hr-22 100, if the update does cause these problems
I guess I am still screwed.......I will not be a happy camper.....

Brian

Call them up and tell them it was DOA....wouldn't even turn on. Tell them this is the second one you've had and you would like a new HR24.

Add my HR22 to the list - now takes over 30 seconds to change the channel - if you can get it to take the number. It just seems to randomly "go to sleep" for up to a minute or so. Real annoying.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)