Small College, Looking for international channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I spoke slightly too soon. It did find a bunch of channels, mostly hallmark east and west but gives us bad channel/scrambled if we try to watch.

Those channels are encrypted.

How are you controlling Polarity, with the Monterey?
You are on AMC 11 @ 131 west, only a few Free Channels there. See "The List" at the top of this web page, or lyngsat.com/america.html

How are you controlling Polarity, with the Monterey?

Polarity is switching between C and Ku? I don't think we have made any changes in that respect. What is the best way to go about switching?

Looking at this list http://www.lyngsat.com/amc11.html I also see the weather channel but the reception is very bad- why?

Thanks,
Tobias

Last edited:
C and Ku are Frequencies. C Band is 4 digits, Ku is 5.
Polarity is Horizontal and Vertical.
I never used a Monterey receiver, but on other receivers I used, I would change from an even numbered channel to an odd numbered channel to switch polarities.
Are you getting CSPAN, which is listed as Vertical, on channel 7? If so, then channel 8 would be Even.
I don't know why you are not getting The Weather Channel good.

I might be mis-reading your posts, but The Weather Channel is still scrambled with Videocipher isn't it? C-Span is in the clear, but Weather as far as I know is scrambled. If there is no Videocipher in the Monterey receiver (or the decoder has failed or is failing), it'll show up scrambled or possibly with bad video.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)