SNY Gone Tomorrow? (It's Gone!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
actually there are areas where the sportspack does get you extra MLB games

good example is Iowa. Friend of mine lives in Eastern Iowa. The RSN is CSN Chicago. If she adds the sports pack she will get the Twins, Brewers, Royals and Cards also. Without the sports pack its just the Cubs and Sox

Well, I guess I'm glad I'm not watching the Mets right now - thanks SNY/Dish!....a lot more productive use of time.

Who or what entity decides what RSN I should be eligible for? I live in central PA, I like the Mets, but I also like baseball.... So, my NY "RSN" now gives me squat--that's it? I'm stuck with nothing? I'd take Philly, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Washington, etc. Plus, on MLB.TV I'd be blacked out from Mets, Yankees, Phillies, and Pirates, and I don't feel I want to financially reward such idiocy. This baseball situation and blackout rules are so archaic and messed up it just makes me want to throw up my hands and forget the whole thing...spend more time on the golf course and watching college ball this summer, and let the game wither until somebody wakes up at mlb!

Can you be a bit more specific that 'Central Pennsylvania?' Somehow I can't feature that you wouldn't be in Phillie/Pirate country over Mets country.... Or have you 'moved?'

Scranton/Wilkes-Barre is in the Yankees, Mets, Phillies and Pirates market. Where RSNs are available are determined in part by which areas MLB, NBA and NHL teams claim. It's more complicated than that, of course, but that's the basic criteria.

I live the the SWB market and "moved" to the NYC market so I would get Phillies games through Extra Innings (DirecTV subscriber). The best option would be to get the multi-sports package to see Pirates games.

I think Buffalo is technically Yankees, Mets, Pirates and Indians market. Plus, with good OTA or cable, the occasional Jays game in the summer via CBC.

WGN is our superstation so there are occasional Cubs/White Sox games.

Got this email today:

We’re willing to do ALMOST ANYTHING to get you back.

We belong together, and we want to prove our commitment to you. We’ve had a lot of great times and we want to continue to show you how much you mean to DISH Network.

We’ll welcome you back with savings of over $520 while you still have your DISH Network equipment:
$120 off your programming
HD programming FREE for life1
An SD DVR upgrade
Cinemax® at no cost to you for 1 month
Everyday Price Guarantee until 2013
Note: Offer requires 24-month Agreement and AutoPay with Paperless Billing.
We’ve been through a lot together and you deserve it.

We’re committed to ensuring that you continue to receive the best value in TV. Give us a call and we’ll be happy to answer any questions about your DISH Network service.

What a deal!!! :D

actually there are areas where the sportspack does get you extra MLB games

good example is Iowa. Friend of mine lives in Eastern Iowa. The RSN is CSN Chicago. If she adds the sports pack she will get the Twins, Brewers, Royals and Cards also. Without the sports pack its just the Cubs and Sox

Not doubting you at all, but wondering how that can be? Should those be given as RSN's by Dish but are not? Otherwise, how does the sports pack under any condition get you out of market games?

because those 6 teams claim Iowa. If you dont have a team in the area, neighboring teams claim it.

Directv has the team lookup when you plug in a zip for what teams you'll get as "stock" and what you can get with the sports package added

1st one is Cedar Rapids, IA
2nd one is near Ft Smith, AR
3rd is Wilkes-Barre, PA

As you can see, adding the sports pack in these markets gives you more pro sports
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 237
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 280
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 230
I do get that, but to me that is not getting out of market games per se, it would seem those people should get those RSN's just as I get NESN, CSNNE, and would get SNY, YES, and MSG without the sports pack.

The designated RSN will not necessarily conform to MLB's blackout map because every sports league has its own map. At some point Dish has to decide which RSNs will be available in the standard package for each area and that may conform to one sport but not all...but I don't think they are "withholding" something that should be there automatically.

So I get Pirates games on Root Pittsburgh only because I have the multi-sport...but Penguins games are blacked out on the same station by the NHL.

I guess ideally we should get access to any RSN that allows us to see any pro sport without having to order the multi-sport pack. But that might get a bit chaotic on their end.

I thought it was obvious I'm a met hater and yes I'm a Yankee fan. The only NY baseball team.
I also hate boston. Don't know who I hate more but I'm just glad both teams are playing so well. Also I squeeze the twinkies in there some where too.:eek:

As a Met fan and a fan of MLB, I respect the fans of any team. Without the other teams to play, you wouldn't have a league. I never really understood why Yankee fans need to hate the Mets or Mets fans, so much. It's not like we're division rivals. I'm a Giants fan and enjoy watching Jets games too. There aren't many Yankee fans, that visit the Dish forums, do you still have Dish? Do you also have DirecTV?

So I get Pirates games on Root Pittsburgh only because I have the multi-sport...but Penguins games are blacked out on the same station by the NHL.

with your location as Buffalo there is no MLB team yet the NHL has a team there.
Wisconsin gets FS North as their main (which is from MN). They get the Wild but the Wolfie's are blacked out

Can you be a bit more specific that 'Central Pennsylvania?' Somehow I can't feature that you wouldn't be in Phillie/Pirate country over Mets country.... Or have you 'moved?'

Good point, seems a little odd to me too, but no I haven't "moved", but maybe I should learn how at this point! I'm at 17837 (Lewsiburg).

I thought it was obvious I'm a met hater and yes I'm a Yankee fan. The only NY baseball team.
I also hate boston. Don't know who I hate more but I'm just glad both teams are playing so well. Also I squeeze the twinkies in there some where too.:eek:

This is why the Yankee fan is the most hated fan in baseball. They glom on to the team with the highest payroll and the most storied history, then claim to take the credit for the teams past glory. Putting on a dark blue hat with a white NY on it causes the brain to swell to twice the normal size. Rooting for a winner is so hard......... :rolleyes:

Good point, seems a little odd to me too, but no I haven't "moved", but maybe I should learn how at this point! I'm at 17837 (Lewsiburg).

huh you're right..the DIrectv site shows that you get the Yankees and Mets with the base package and Pirates and Pens if you add the sports pack.

This is why the Yankee fan is the most hated fan in baseball. They glom on to the team with the highest payroll and the most storied history, then claim to take the credit for the teams past glory. Putting on a dark blue hat with a white NY on it causes the brain to swell to twice the normal size. Rooting for a winner is so hard......... :rolleyes:
But you want to forget where mets fall for salary's. For the most part within the top 3 and yet they still can't play ball. This the number reason people hate mets fans, cause they have every excuse in the world. The mets have proven it takes more then money to win.
But then again if I was a met fan I guess I wouldn't want to talk about the past either.:eek:

Being a card carrying member of Red Sox Nation, I must say that we Red Sox and Mets fans have much more in common than I ever thought possible. For pointer, I was at Fenway for the Sox vs Blue Jays and a fan from Toronto was shocked at the respect that we showed him and his family while chanting Yankees Suck.

And speaking of payroll, the Mets pay what they do, because the Yankees hog up all the popularity in New York leaving the Mets with little breathing room. At least in the NHL and NFL (with salary caps) all New York/New Jersey teams have a chance to shine. Even in the NBA (not sure about a cap, Rather watch NCAA-real basketball than NBA-garbage ball) both the Knicks and Nets play on an even field. However, the Yankees can't stand to compete with anyone within the metropolitan area.

For everyone else, do these NY Sports fans have another RSN to watch, or they completely blacked out from any local team? I thought that the latter was the actuality, but I'm reading of Buffalo residents being in Pirates and Phillies territorty.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts