SNY Gone Tomorrow? (It's Gone!)

So DirectTV was able to keep YES online while they still are in talks to make a deal.... DISH couldn't even keep SNY online.... yea this is not looking to great especially the way DISH has treated every NY RSN as of late... sigh........

yep. Just shows Dish doesnt care about sports

they play the "these are my rules and if you dont like it I'm leaving with my ball" game

Another thing that I noticed is that the Dish team here hasn't posted a single comment on this issue. Do they really not have anything to say or are they not allowed to say anything on disputes?

Tampa8 said:
I am giving you the post of the year award. That sums it up. Somehow the nonsense has to end. Great post. :hatsoff:

Thank you so much. I am honored and would like to accept the award on all those hard working folks who came home to find their Rave, Monsters, SNY, and other channels gone even though they never missed a payment and remained loyal.

Obviously you don't know what you are talking about. DirecTV has more HD channels than Dish Network. They also have much better picture quality. Why would you pay for hd lite?
This should be post of the year!

The most unresearched post.

Both Satellite companys are HD -Lite.
2nd we've done number after number of HD channel counts and if you want to count HD channels that remain blank 90% of the time, then Yes D* is Number 1 in HD alternet RSN's

I called Dish today to complain about their dropping of SNY and asked them if they are REALLY negotiating or just posturing. I spoke to a manager in commercial services and she said that the only information she has is that negotiations are ongoing. I seriously doubt that. She did give me a $5 credit on my bill. I intend to make alternate arrangements by checking out Comcast service, since I already use them for internet. I doubt, however, that the picture quality is on par with Dish. This is really frustrating...the charges for all TV signal providers should be unbundled so that the consumer can decide how much they are willing to spend for say sports or movies, etc. I'm sure not all Dish subscribers are sports fans and by dropping all the RSNs in the NY area, Dish is basically saying that they don't want our business.

i feel bad for the NY subs !!
then again all the Subs of dishnet
the way dish does business is wrong
they up the prices and loses channels almost every month
maybe time for Charlie to sell or change his ways on the way he deals with contracts
no one is taking him serious i find and the paying subs are suffering cause of it !!!
24/7 Rsn HD's should have been his #1 thing now second MLB network and am not a Baseball fan just i dont find it right that they dont try to make there subs Happy
and to tell u the truth i found Directv is getting better in the last few years in Movies other Channels .... in HD
ive been with Dish since 98 but the way things are maybe time to see other options and am sure many are thinking the same thing
just my opinion

Last edited:
I've been counting down the days until my contract is up. I watched the Orioles in sd last evening, three years now and still no MASN hd for any games. Anyhow I come on here to read and share and of course side with the pissed sports fans. What was done to the Mets fans on opening day is just wrong. We've gotten to the point where the value of that one share of dish stock is more valuable than any of it's customers concerns, God forbid one penney be spent to satisfy their needs. I'm no business whiz and maybe there's a master plan but I don't see how when you are almost openly driving people away. Just completed my taxes, getting a nice little refund and I'm thinking I'll give Charlie part of that. A nice little parting gift in the form of an early termination fee. I've had it with this soap opera.

Obviously you don't know what you are talking about. DirecTV has more HD channels than Dish Network. They also have much better picture quality. Why would you pay for hd lite?

Dude, there is one thing that can not realistically be argued. Dish has more HD national channels than Direct. And by quite a few now. If Dish were to find a way to add all the sports programming, and somehow not raise rates alot, they would in my opinion be the leader. But as it stands, they are both equal, depends on what you want.Dish not having the RSN's, and not having them full time HD to me is what is hurting them. Not having MLB, or EI, or even the NFL package does not really hurt them as much as the RSN's.
If they were taking my advice ( :) ) I would tell them to make every possible effort to get and keep the RSN's, and make them full time HD. That, and the most HD channels would be very compelling unless you have to have MLB EI or the NFL package.

Hemi 6.1 said:
This should be post of the year!

The most unresearched post.

Both Satellite companys are HD -Lite.
2nd we've done number after number of HD channel counts and if you want to count HD channels that remain blank 90% of the time, then Yes D* is Number 1 in HD alternet RSN's

DirecTV is not HD-lite. Dish Network is. You're wrong. You apparently have no idea what HD-lite even is.

Hemi 6.1 said:
Prove it right now!

Haha. So you really are that dim? You don't even know what it is. Come on Hemi...you're the one with something to prove. Everyone else already knows about the 1080i channels Dish has and that they are not full resolution.

Haha. So you really are that dim? You don't even know what it is. Come on Hemi...you're the one with something to prove. Everyone else already knows about the 1080i channels Dish has and that they are not full resolution.
Just because Dish HD Lite is Lighter doesn't mean Directv isn't HD lite!

Again this Thread has nothing to do with D* HD PQ that is just a Fraction better then E*.

Hemi 6.1 said:
Just because Dish HD Lite is Lighter doesn't mean Directv isn't HD lite!

Again this Thread has nothing to do with D* HD PQ that is just a Fraction better then E*.

Haha. Oh my...you've just proven it once again. HD-lite is when the resolution is shaved down. All of DirecTV's HD channels are full resolution. None of the 1080i channels with Dish Network are. DirecTV also delivers channels with higher average bit rates. DirecTV has better picture quality and 30+ more HD channels than Dish Network.

Haha. Oh my...you've just proven it once again. HD-lite is when the resolution is shaved down. All of DirecTV's HD channels are full resolution. None of the 1080i channels with Dish Network are. DirecTV also delivers channels with higher average bit rates. DirecTV has better picture quality and 30+ more HD channels than Dish Network.
Again Back it up!
Lets not forget who got Sued over HD lite and Who didn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)