SNY Gone Tomorrow? (It's Gone!)

Folks in Buffalo I think can add the sports pack to get the Pirates or Indians but thats it
They have no RSN's with a package....their "normal" RSN"s are MSG, MSG+, SNY and YES...none of which are on Dish

checked an address in Buffalo with Directv and they get the 4 above in base + Sportstime Ohio if they have CHoice Xtra (middle package)

checked with dish site and it says this "Regional and Collegiate Sports Networks are available with America's Top 120 Plus or higher." and a blank space below it.

Being a card carrying member of Red Sox Nation, I must say that we Red Sox and Mets fans have much more in common than I ever thought possible. For pointer, I was at Fenway for the Sox vs Blue Jays and a fan from Toronto was shocked at the respect that we showed him and his family while chanting Yankees Suck.

And speaking of payroll, the Mets pay what they do, because the Yankees hog up all the popularity in New York leaving the Mets with little breathing room. At least in the NHL and NFL (with salary caps) all New York/New Jersey teams have a chance to shine. Even in the NBA (not sure about a cap, Rather watch NCAA-real basketball than NBA-garbage ball) both the Knicks and Nets play on an even field. However, the Yankees can't stand to compete with anyone within the metropolitan area.

For everyone else, do these NY Sports fans have another RSN to watch, or they completely blacked out from any local team? I thought that the latter was the actuality, but I'm reading of Buffalo residents being in Pirates and Phillies territorty.

I live upstate in the Southern Tier along the NY/PA border. We have no RSN at all at this point. Lost MSG last fall, SNY 3 weeks ago, never had YES. FWIW, I never understood why Mets fans have to hate the Yanks and vice versa, either. I'm a Mets fan, but it's not like have never watched the Yanks and cheered for them...except when they're playing the Sox, of course.

Im in Western NY ( also the southern tier near NY/PA border) and receive Sports Time Ohio as the only remaining RSN. I had STO before losing MSG and SNY. I dont have the multi-sport package. While im an American League guy (an any team but the Yankees type) I dont have a great affinity to the Indians so Im only interested when the A's and Red Sox are in Cleveland. As mentioned before we sit in the Blue Jays, Yankees, Mets, Pirates and Indians markets. The Blue Jays arent much of an issue for us because their games arent available to us from their Canadian provider. Blackouts are a real pain here because weve been claimed by so many teams.

Im in Western NY ( also the southern tier near NY/PA border) and receive Sports Time Ohio as the only remaining RSN. I had STO before losing MSG and SNY. I dont have the multi-sport package. While im an American League guy (an any team but the Yankees type) I dont have a great affinity to the Indians so Im only interested when the A's and Red Sox are in Cleveland. As mentioned before we sit in the Blue Jays, Yankees, Mets, Pirates and Indians markets. The Blue Jays arent much of an issue for us because their games arent available to us from their Canadian provider. Blackouts are a real pain here because weve been claimed by so many teams.

The blue jays are not blacked out on Extra Innings in the Buffalo Area because they claim all of Canada as their home territory, which makes no sense. Toronto is 80 minute drive from Buffalo and you can get their games....but not either of the NY Teams, Cleveland or Pittsburgh, so even the online streaming of mlb.tv isn't a option for Dish Subs.

The Blue Jays get all of Canada because you can get Rogers Sportsnet Ontario and Rogers Sportsnet One on many cable systems and both satellite companies throughout the country.

As for not getting teams along NY/PA, your options are to use MLB.tv to watch the archive after the game ends or switch providers.

The Blue Jays get all of Canada because you can get Rogers Sportsnet Ontario and Rogers Sportsnet One on many cable systems and both satellite companies throughout the country.

As for not getting teams along NY/PA, your options are to use MLB.tv to watch the archive after the game ends or switch providers.

Bingo! Switching to Time Warner Wednesday.

Well, we have all waited for almost a month. NYC people who are not still locked into a contract, it's time to go cable or DirecTV. It's clear, no NYC RSN's are coming back to Dish.

I want 4 HD DVR's from DirecTV, so I'm just waiting for my next paycheck and I'm switching. I think that's about $500 for installation. I'll miss some things with Dish I know. I've got about 4tb of programs and movies that I wont have access to, but I'll get SNY, Full Time HD-RSN's, MSG Whole Home DVR service, and NFL Sunday Ticket, so it's a trade off. A switch to DirecTV was not what I was hoping for, but I can't watch Sling on my BlackBerry or the channels I want to watch, so it's "Sorry Charlie" time for me real soon.

Well, we have all waited for almost a month. NYC people who are not still locked into a contract, it's time to go cable or DirecTV. It's clear, no NYC RSN's are coming back to Dish.

I have to agree. I had been a loyal Dish customer for over 10 years, but Time Warner is coming in the morning. As DVDDAD says, there are some things I'll miss, but I will have NY RSNs and more locals.

Here's an cancellation update for those who are into this stuff. I got "The Comeback Call" on Saturday, from a girl who sounded about 19 years old. (Not that that's bad! :D) Anyway, she started off with the "What do we have to do to get you back" spiel. I told her that the SNY departure was the final straw, and that I was very annoyed last year (or whenever) when they started the DVR fees. I said that $27 a month for my 722 and 922, which I OWN, was too much. She immediately offered to take $10 a month off of the fees "for a year". I said "That's the kind of thing you should offer to customers who've been with you for 13 years BEFORE they disconnect. I then told her that they should take care of their long time customers and they have to do more than give out a few pay per view chits. Most long time Dish subscribers are pretty loyal, and if Dish rewarded that loyalty, they would get much better commitments from their customers. I said that cable had caught up to Dish, and my cable company gives me all RSN, all the time, in HD, and the cost, even with the crappy cable DVR, is far less than my Dish bill was, especially when you add in the cable modem which I've had to have all along.

Anyway, she ended the call, get this "Is there anything else I can do for you today?", as if I wanted to add another channel or something. She was obviously following a flow chart script, and really had no idea what an RSN was and she claimed "She was working hard to get those channels back". Even MSG. Yeah, right.

I'm not describing the call too well, but you can imagine how it went. It really could have been done a whole lot better, but the result would have been the same.

..........I told her that the SNY departure was the final straw, and that I was very annoyed last year (or whenever) when they started the DVR fees. I said that $27 a month for my 722 and 922, which I OWN, was too much. .......... Most long time Dish subscribers are pretty loyal, and if Dish rewarded that loyalty, they would get much better commitments from their customers. I said that cable had caught up to Dish, and my cable company gives me all RSN, all the time, in HD, and the cost, even with the crappy cable DVR, is far less than my Dish bill was, especially when you add in the cable modem which I've had to have all along.

Anyway, she ended the call, get this "Is there anything else I can do for you today?", as if I wanted to add another channel or something. She was obviously following a flow chart script, and really had no idea what an RSN was and she claimed "She was working hard to get those channels back". Even MSG. Yeah, right.

I'm not describing the call too well, but you can imagine how it went. It really could have been done a whole lot better, but the result would have been the same.

You actually captured it quite well, in fact sometimes my "Bu..sh.." meter goes up when someone describes a call, but yours is as true as it gets. If I hear "Sorry you were inconvenienced", and "Is there anything else I can do for you today" again THAT may be enough for me to end my service! LOL...

Your overall reason to the CSR is spot on, with one exception in my case anyway. The fees do have to stop escalating. And at some point Dish really has to have RSN's full time in HD, or at the very least for any game that is broadcast in HD. In addition they have to disclose they are part time (or do it better) for new subscribers. But in most all my comparisons, fees and all, Dish still over all, not in every instance of course, is as low or lower with all things considered. And the reliability over all beats any of the cable companies I am familiar with. (Charter and Uverse in CT, Verizon and Bright House in Fl) Because HD is so much better than SD I place alot on having all my channels in HD. Dish really has done a good job at doing that, just ask my wife who is thrilled the uninterrupted events in England on BBCA will be in HD, they will not on Direct TV. Yes that is at the cost of not having RSN games in HD all the time, but I guess that is why there are two choices for Satellite service.

All that said, a NY sports fan would not be happy with Dish, and I have stated before I feel should be let out of any commitment they have since two RSN's are now gone. I hope Dish addresses these issues soon.

I noticed yesterday that SNY no longer has a place holder in the channel guide. I guess any talks are over and it's gone for good. I am a 'moved' viewer of NY sports and I have other options to see the games themselves but I will miss Loudmouths and the other shows. Does DirectTV offer out of market RESNs even if the games themselves are blacked out?

I noticed yesterday that SNY no longer has a place holder in the channel guide. I guess any talks are over and it's gone for good. I am a 'moved' viewer of NY sports and I have other options to see the games themselves but I will miss Loudmouths and the other shows. Does DirectTV offer out of market RESNs even if the games themselves are blacked out?

SNY was shown to be "unavailable" in the uplink report from a day or two ago.......likely never to be seen again.

yep.

I knew it was going to go the way of MSG. What a shame. I just don't understand why they don't pay whatever the provider wants, then charge the customer. I would have paid $10 a month for a YES/SNY/MSG package, full time HD.

For those of you under contract, I just had Cablevision come to the door tonight, and they are willing to pay up to $200 of your cancellation fee for switching to them. They have all NY sports in HD, but of course no NFL network, and no Redzone channel. I could actually care less about the NFL network, but I do really enjoy the Redzone channel. I also enjoy catching a Yankees or Mets game a couple of times a week.
Aghhh, decisions.

I knew it was going to go the way of MSG. What a shame. I just don't understand why they don't pay whatever the provider wants, then charge the customer. I would have paid $10 a month for a YES/SNY/MSG package, full time HD.

As posted many times, that is EXACTLY what Dish wants to do. The RSN's won't let them. They insist on being part of the regular packages. Sorry, I do not want to pay more for any of the NY RSN's.

Just some comments on some recent posts here:

I predicted SNY would disappear from the menu, but I thought it would be next week (after the first of the month when "negotiations" had been going on for a month). I'm not sure that Dish wants to put SNY/MSG/YES in a package, but I would have paid a little extra a month to get it. And I agree that a nice gesture by Dish to those under contract would have been to reduce the ETF or allow people out of the commitment based on the fact they are not providing what these people signed up for. Such a gesture might have made me consider returning to Dish someday, as it stands now, I will never do business with them again and I will discourage anyone else from doing so (and regularly do so on Twitter).

Time Warner also offered to pay up yo $200 in ETF if I switched to them, but only if I bundled internet, phone, and cable. I didn't. And speaking of Time Warner, I am happy with the channel offerings, but it is difficult to ascertain via the internet which channels you actually are going to get. For instance, CBS College Sports is on the list, but turns out it's part of an additional "sports package." What I dislike most about TWC is the menu. There is one menu for ALL the channles (like the Dish All Channels menu) and that's it. No way to customize it, you just have to go through the whole menu, and the stations seem to be in random order - news, sports etc., not grouped in any way, pay per view and subscription channels thrown in everywhere. It's making me consider switching to Direct.

Here's an cancellation update for those who are into this stuff. I got "The Comeback Call" on Saturday, from a girl who sounded about 19 years old. (Not that that's bad! :D) Anyway, she started off with the "What do we have to do to get you back" spiel. I told her that the SNY departure was the final straw, and that I was very annoyed last year (or whenever) when they started the DVR fees. I said that $27 a month for my 722 and 922, which I OWN, was too much. She immediately offered to take $10 a month off of the fees "for a year". I said "That's the kind of thing you should offer to customers who've been with you for 13 years BEFORE they disconnect. I then told her that they should take care of their long time customers and they have to do more than give out a few pay per view chits. Most long time Dish subscribers are pretty loyal, and if Dish rewarded that loyalty, they would get much better commitments from their customers. I said that cable had caught up to Dish, and my cable company gives me all RSN, all the time, in HD, and the cost, even with the crappy cable DVR, is far less than my Dish bill was, especially when you add in the cable modem which I've had to have all along.

I feel slighted, I didn't get a what can we do to get you back call. I only started looking around when we got hit with an additional $34 DVR Box fee this year. (had 622 and 2 - 722s) That was it, we haven't changed our package for years, yet the price went form $96/mo. to $136/mo. in the past 2 years. Way too much of an increase, so I started looking and I posted my unhappiness on Dish's Facebook page. All they could offer was $10/mo. Now I get the cards in the mail, offering less than we had for more money, nice incentive to come back. Neither my Wife nor I have had a pay raise in 2 years, yet costs of everything go up and up, first thing that can be trimmed is TV service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)