So - David Good was really Tim?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The more I think about it I am not so sure Tim should be given "another" chance. After all, he has come back several times, and he could have changed his ways then. I am all for giving someone a break...but not sure in this case. Glad I don't have to make the decision :)

Nope he's banned again...and honestly it was my decision, not any other mods here. Scott even said it was my decision to ban him.

now for my thoughts..........

I'm all for giving people chances and helping people out. There are plenty of threads here where newbies are having issues setting their system up and I (much like alot of us here) could just turn the other cheek and abandoned them. But we help them out until they get it working. Take iafire for example (not singling you out Larry but your case comes to mind). :) He got a fixed dish originally for G10 and he did post a lot of questions before he got his system. But he did his homework and READ a bunch of threads so he knew what he was going to get into before he got the system...then proceeded to create a 30 page thread and PM me about 200 times :D trying to get the system working. Seriously, I even offered to drive to his house and set up the system...and he's about 4 hours away :eek: But a bunch of us stuck together and got him working and now he's like an old pro :)

I originally had no issues with Tim but he didn't want to learn or read. He just kept posting questions (some were already posted the same day by other people) and not listening to what we had to say. He even would argue with the veterans here (anybody who has had their system operating for more than a couple months is veteran) when helping out the newbies.

I even let the whole name thing pass. Believe me its not the worst thing I've been called on the board (ask a few hackers Ive banned) or in my personal life. I said it wasnt bright to call a mod names and he thought it was funny. But again I let it pass.

But then it became spamming. No offence but you post 10 times and then ask how to become a admin here? What the hell was that about? Or the post of "we need a _________ forum". So Scott banned him. Scotts decision not mine. But then he came back and we kinda gave him a 2nd chance...and he proceeded to screw that up so he was gone.

Now it seems that he wants to try it just because. And we'll still ban him. This last one was funny as I was not online until recently. Someone reported the "apology" thread and then I saw it and took action. But a member had a good point in that thread (which is now deleted) but it said

"Your apology cannot be too sincere since you decided to break the rules yet again instead of simply sending an email to the administrator expressing your apology and letting them take care of things however they care to."

and its a good point. Its not that hard to know the e-mail. Its user name at satelliteguys dot us. Scott's e-mail is in his sig I think and mine has been posted a few times here. He could have done that but instead tried to do a hap hazard apology. I read it and it kinda sounded like when you were a kid and your mother would say "now apologize to your sister/brother" and you'd give a half ass "sorry". Doesn't fly with me.

So now he is gone........

You prob made the right call there Iceberg. I thought maybe he was doing the best he could with his makeshift 'apology' and was willing to see how it progressed. If he's a teenager he should know some standard social graces by now, and how to handle 'messin up'.
Maybe when he's a bit older he can ask in the proper manner to come back. (but why do I keep thinking what Barney Fyffe said about Ernest T.
Bass) !

Well Ice I agree with everything you said and posted and i agree with the member whos said it wasn't sincere. That he should have contacted a mod by e-mail. but i will sit on the other side and say he's young, he's going to make mistakes , going to irk a few members with the way they post. But i know at some point we probably all have , maybe not here but at some point we had to learn. I'm not saying bring him back .... but i'm not sure he understands how things work here. its not a right to post here its a privilage and once you abuse that privilage your gone.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts