So did you order a new iPhone?

My sis-in-law got her iPhone 5s and the fingerprint unlock is amazing. Forget security, the one touch unlock is so much faster and more accurate than swipe to unlock. I can't wait until the iPad Mini has this.

My sis-in-law got her iPhone 5s and the fingerprint unlock is amazing. Forget security, the one touch unlock is so much faster and more accurate than swipe to unlock. I can't wait until the iPad Mini has this.

It is my favorite feature, for sure. I already am thinking "my iPad needs this." BUT, my iPad 3 is still running great. So, it can wait. And my wife is due for the next iPad in the house anyways. Her iPad 2 is small, and her business software app runs better on my my 3.

Mine came yesterday. Verizon always ships using FedEx. Someone has to sign for it which is fine. Sometimes they just knock and don't ring the bell so I've missed them. I spent a good amount on the phone with Verizon trying to.figure out why my iphone wouldn't activate. Finally I say to the guy, well it's my old SIM card and not the one that came with the phone. He goes oh you'll need to put the new one in for it to activate it properly. I ended up getting silver. I was going through iphone withdrawals and wasn't about to wait another month for the gold color. I love the fingerprint reader. Best feature imo.

It already had that with the one finger swipe! :)

A few years ago I debated quite a while over iOS and Android when switching from windows mobile (version 5 and 6 were so horrible).
I think you'll like how simple the iphone is. I like that I just don't have to think about it.

I have used the 4.8" android phones and think they are too big - I didn't like the size to carry around and pocket it all day.
Even if the iphone 6 goes to a 4.8" (which is kinda the expected) I think I'll be happy staying with the 4". Even with using slingbox or other video the 4" is fine.

It already had that with the one finger swipe! :)

Heh, that's the reason I didn't lock my iPhone when I had it. I just hate to punch in numbers every time. But even with the finger swipe, I manage to accidentally unlock it often when I am cleaning the screen with my shirt. :p

SO that new Lightning cable from Amazon basics? Half the price, but the plug around it is too big for the leather iPhone 5S case to work with it. Grrrrr…… I guess my kid just got one more cable, since his Otterbox should still work with it on the 5. Annoying as all get out.

This isn't an iPhone item, but I think this is one of those "what took them so long?" items. StarTech makes 30-pin dock (1 & 2m long) USB cables that will charge an iPad at full amperage, but that's not the great feature:

Attachments

• image-889849144.jpg
    image-889849144.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 136
I got this for my wife's iPad 2 because she likes to read in bed. Reading in the portrait orientation pinched her original Apple dock cable:

Attachments

• image-3169542022.jpg
    image-3169542022.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 114
I got my iPhone 5S last night.

It seemed to take forever to restore everything to the new phone.

The fingerprint reader is cool, I never password protected my screen before, so this helps secure the phone without thinking about things. :)

Haven't played with the camera yet.

The speed seems just about the same as my iPhone 5 was. Does anyone know any 64 bit apps for the iPhone 4S yet? I want to see what this thing can do. :D

The speed seems just about the same as my iPhone 5 was. Does anyone know any 64 bit apps for the iPhone 4S yet? I want to see what this thing can do. :D

I believe Apple has most of their apps redone to 64 bit, but you will not see any difference. The main things one might see going faster is a VPN connection, or something like that since the 64 bit ARM spec also includes new hardware acceleration support for encryption.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5s-review

Starting on page 3 they start showing differences in speed of the A6 vs the new A7. AES encryption is 8x faster now. A significant boost in performance for a lot of benchmarks.

Last edited:
I just think it will be sad to see all the former iPhone owners walking around without thumbs when the phone thieves realize that all they need to unlock the phones they are stealing is the owners thumb!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using SatelliteGuys

And, who's to say that the iPhone owner used their thumb(s)? Index, middle, ring, or pinky fingers are equally in play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)