So did you order a new iPhone?

I traded in two iPhone 4's for the iPhone 5s's. It worked out pretty well as I got over $100 in trade for each of the phones. Pretty much getting me one of the new phones for free. The best thing is I didn't pay that much for either of the two 4's when I got them. I didn't figure an iPhone 4 would be worth that much in trade.

Finally got the iPhone 5s all set up. Well I have determined my favorite feature has to be the finger print feature. I put both thumbs and both pointing fingers into the phone. It is so natural to click the home button with the thumb and let the thumb linger on the button a sec for the phone to unlock.

I mainly bought it for the camera upgrade, but have not even used the camera yet (go on vacation week after next), the finger print reader alone is worth it to me!

I am waiting for my AT&T cycle to end so I can break the contract (ETF is horrid, but $10 less if I wait 4 days) and port my number to the new iPhone 5s. The T-Mobile NanoSIM (all of 99¢) for the old 5 came today, so that's one more item checked off. This will allow my wife to get my old iPhone and move up to a smartphone from her five year old Motorola RAZR.

Finally got the iPhone 5s all set up. Well I have determined my favorite feature has to be the finger print feature. I put both thumbs and both pointing fingers into the phone. It is so natural to click the home button with the thumb and let the thumb linger on the button a sec for the phone to unlock.

I mainly bought it for the camera upgrade, but have not even used the camera yet (go on vacation week after next), the finger print reader alone is worth it to me!

Please let us know how the fingerprint reader works out. We had a laptop with this feature, had to disable it, it was so bad.

Please let us know how the fingerprint reader works out. We had a laptop with this feature, had to disable it, it was so bad.
When I played around with the Fingerprint demo on the 5s displays at the Apple store, it was very reliable. But the telling detail will be how it holds up over the life of the phone.

It works unbelievably well. Your finger can be at an angle and it still reads. My thumb is almost always around a 45 degree angle when it does the button push, but when I entered it I did it pretty much up and down. But, it has no trouble recognizing it and unlocking the phone.

I am waiting for my AT&T cycle to end so I can break the contract (ETF is horrid, but $10 less if I wait 4 days) and port my number to the new iPhone 5s. The T-Mobile NanoSIM (all of 99¢) for the old 5 came today, so that's one more item checked off. This will allow my wife to get my old iPhone and move up to a smartphone from her five year old Motorola RAZR.

I tried T-mobile and going back to Verizon. T-mobile works in areas I go in Michigan but places we visit like port Huron it's very spotty in coverage. I hope they improve coverage.

T-Mobile is installing LTE coverage in our area this quarter, so hopefully she will have coverage downtown where she needs it the most.

One of the reasons I went with the VirginMobile phone was coverage in northern Michigan. Ski season approaches and the area north of Grabs Rapids is Roaming territory for T-Mobile.

The difference between browsing the web with my iPhone 4 and the iPhone 5s on LTE is nothing short of amazing. I also really like the fingerprint scanner for unlocking the phone.

The difference between browsing the web with my iPhone 4 and the iPhone 5s on LTE is nothing short of amazing. I also really like the fingerprint scanner for unlocking the phone.

I was using my iPad today and was thinking if the new iPads have the finger print scanner on them, I would probably upgrade for that...

1379296_758271590894761_1292898247_n.jpg

Before anyone gets their panties in a wad, its a joke.

When I played around with the Fingerprint demo on the 5s displays at the Apple store, it was very reliable. But the telling detail will be how it holds up over the life of the phone.

I'm loving it. Have both thumbs programmed. Never seen a fingerprint tool work anything like it. But the button definitely has a different feel.

Yeah, I'm not too concerned about them getting my fingerprint through my phone since they were taken when I joined the USAF, when I got my security clearance and when I got my carry permit. I doubt that they record the entire print; most likely they store a number based on the position various "landmarks' on the print. I'm not sure that number would be of much use in reconstructing the actual fingerprint.

Yeah, I'm not too concerned about them getting my fingerprint through my phone since they were taken when I joined the USAF, when I got my security clearance and when I got my carry permit. I doubt that they record the entire print; most likely they store a number based on the position various "landmarks' on the print. I'm not sure that number would be of much use in reconstructing the actual fingerprint.

If the scanning software indicates anything, they have the full print, but we are told it gets stored only on the phone.

From Apple:

Touch ID does not store any images of your fingerprint. It stores only a mathematical representation of your fingerprint. It isn't possible for your actual fingerprint image to be reverse-engineered from this mathematical representation. iPhone 5s also includes a new advanced security architecture called the Secure Enclave within the A7 chip, which was developed to protect passcode and fingerprint data. Fingerprint data is encrypted and protected with a key available only to the Secure Enclave. Fingerprint data is used only by the Secure Enclave to verify that your fingerprint matches the enrolled fingerprint data. The Secure Enclave is walled off from the rest of A7 and as well as the rest of iOS. Therefore, your fingerprint data is never accessed by iOS or other apps, never stored on Apple servers, and never backed up to iCloud or anywhere else. Only Touch ID uses it and it can't be used to match against other fingerprint databases.

In TX they take your finger prints to get a drivers license. I have no doubt the database is shared with the feds...

I am still loving the unlock with the fingerprints...

In TX they take your finger prints to get a drivers license. I have no doubt the database is shared with the feds...

I am still loving the unlock with the fingerprints...

Indeed, but apparently this is not the same thing. And I will say I love the fingerprint lock-screen more than anything else on my new phone. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)