SO freakin' MAD!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Once the equipment is installed and activated, which it sounds like it has been, that $199 is not refundable per Directv policy. If you have had the account active less than 1 week you can get out of their committment, otherwise you best bet sounds like going through a manager, like you are already doing.

Disputing this with your credit card company, probably won't work since the goods your paid for were delivered and installed. There is no failure on the company's part to deliver the equipment for which you paid.

Good luck to you.

Just to help you out, this upcoming Sunday the TNT HD lineup from 6am to 4pm EST is:

6am: Switchback - Sorry you might just have to miss this showing
8:30am: The Negoiator - You can catch this (or record it) at 12am on 10/30/06
11:30am: American Beauty - Record this bad boy on 10/25/06 at 11pm
2pm: A Civil Action - You can catch this (or record it) at 3am on 10/30/06
4pm: Signs: Record this puppy on 10/27/06 at 8pm,

There are solutions for most of life's inconveniences if you just look for them.

adamevans,
So what are you now trying to do? Cancel, discount, or what? Are you within your 30 days or not? I couldn't find an answer anywhere. If you want to send it back (within the 30) call a CSR, and tell them that. It's in the contract, i think. If you paid for anything to DTV by credit card, go through your credit card company (visa,disc., or master card), and dispute it through them.

But if it's is past 30 days, not too much you can do.

I want to cancel without a cancellation fee, and, if at all possible, get the $199 for the DVR upgrade fee back.

I am within the 30 days, but contrary to what I keep hearing in here, DirecTV has said just the opposite. They say I am obligated to pay the cancellation fee, and they say there's no way they'll refund the $199. They've escalated the issue of the cancellation fee, though, so I might be able to get out of that.

I'm gonna read through everything I signed tonight, though, and get a clearer idea. I never heard anything about this 30 day guarantee until I came onto here, though.

P.S. For the people that keep commenting on my anger...

Please keep in mind I had just gotten off multiple phone calls with DirecTV at the time I posted this thread. While I'm still angry about the whole issue, I'm MUCH calmer now.

The OP just joined on 10-20. I'm sure he sought out our forum after he discovered DirecTV's "Lie of omission" and failure to live by their own agreement by noitifying subscribers of changes.

DirecTV also won't hand out credits willy-nilly, it's a lottery or "roulette". After 6 years as a Direc HD sub I had enough. After several polite calls got nowhere and Direc refused to acknowledge what they had done I switched and am very happy. Of course when I called and told them to turn off my Direc they were more than willing to try to make it up to me. I replied that I had given them several chances and as a 5 heart sub I shouldn't have to have a competitors system installed in my house for DirecTV to finally make a move to keep me happy.

If the OP is mad enough to switch then switch, it's the only way Direc will change it's attitude and live up to their end of the bargain on notification of programming changes.

Dude,
How did you find out how many hearts you were, not that it means anything, just curious.

Jimbo

I want to cancel without a cancellation fee, and, if at all possible, get the $199 for the DVR upgrade fee back. I want...I want. I want. I want. Blah blah blah.

Really? I want to be h*$g like a pr0n star and have a million dollar house. Wonder if DirecTV can do anything about that too....

Look, dude, I know it's a shame that you don't have TNT-HD for a few hours. It really is. Let me do some crazy math for you. I paid $300 plus dollars a month for Sunday Ticket + SuperFan...as did a TON of people. So $300 dollars extra a month per subscriber is a LOT more important than you and your 10 a month for HD service. So if you leave, DirecTV won't care, your letter to the BBB won't matter and TNT-HD will STILL be blacked out because the NFLST/SF subscribers bring in a boat load more money than your standard subscribers. It's simple math. You either deal with it or move on. I'd suggest Dish network, they have plenty of crappy HD channels for you to watch on Sundays.

Personally, I applaud DirecTV for listening to the subscribers and adding TNT-HD + Nascar back and stealing bandwidth other places when need be. They didn't have to, but it showed they were listening. I don't watch it, but it's nice of them. I also applaud them for giving people credits on their accounts when they complain about TNT-HD not being there.

Rational minds might argue that DirecTV is doing the best they can for their customers....

But this? A 5 page thread on you complaining about not having a TV channel that shows the same crap over and over? Whatever.

Time to crap or get off the pot, dude. I suggest this thread be closed and this troll be fed no more.

But this? A 5 page thread on you complaining about not having a TV channel that shows the same crap over and over? Whatever.

Time to crap or get off the pot, dude. I suggest this thread be closed and this troll be fed no more.

Well said and to the heart of the matter!!! :up

I bought the Sunday ticket and Superfan just to make sure I bumped girly Adam's TNT from the lineup. Adam....your it.

I bought the Sunday ticket and Superfan just to make sure I bumped girly Adam's TNT from the lineup. Adam....your it.

Now now, I thought we were all going to stop the personal attacks! Just because Adam isn't as masculine as....oh:eek: ummm, never mind.

You guys are ridiculous, seriously. I understand some people not thinking it's as big a deal as others, but only a f**king mental defective would sit here and try to say that what Directv did was just peachy.

Somebody sells you something and tells you you're going to get it all the time, knowing full well you won't. That's wrong. They didn't give you what you paid for.

It doesn't matter that it's "just TNT." It might not matter if we had like 100 HD channels to choose from or something. But when you're paying extra for 5 or 6 channels, losing one of them becomes a bigger deal, even if it's "just TNT." And the only reason--GASP--that I'm so "arrogant" (in your minds, anyway) as to ask for a refund of the $199, is because I would NOT have gone with Directv's service in the first place if I had known one of the handful of HD channels was going to be turned off when I was planning on being home to watch it!

But whatever. You guys could give a sh*t about the fact that what they did was wrong. It doesn't affect you, so you don't care. That and you guys just dogpile on anyone who criticizes Directv, even legitimately.

Now now, I thought we were all going to stop the personal attacks! Just because Adam isn't as masculine as....oh:eek: ummm, never mind.

Are you sh*tting me? Girly? Wow.

I seriously hope you guys are f**king kids in real life. Because if you're not, and you're actually two grown men calling another grown man "girly" over an argument... Holy Christ is that sad.

What next? You gonna threaten to beat me up on the playground? :p

Jesus Christ, you guys are a joke.

Ok Adam it sucks that you really want TNT HD on Sundays. Im sure during NASCAR (is that thing still going) its a huge issue.

I and most of the people here agree that for D* to shut off TNT HD without warning was a farce.

Most people here who are D* HD subscribers are with D* for one of two reasons (btw I said "most" dont wanna hear about everybodys personal reason..although that might be a nice thread)

1. Sunday Ticket (thats me) and therefore I really dont care if TNT HD is shut off. The other is

2. Theyve been a dedicated D* sub in the past and believe D*'s HD issues will work their way out with the new Sats. and are wiling to wait for D* to iron out its MPEG4 issues.

If TNT HD means alot to you then Im sure you can work something out with D*. Either free HD or other channels. If youre hellbent about trying to stick it up D*'s caboose and are a little crazed about the "principle" of it all then we all wish you luck in your crusade to bring D* to its knees.

mADAM, You've already accomplished what you set out to do with this thread. Why are you feigning anger in every response. Its transparent to most and really getting old. I thought you'd be better than that at this game. Its time you started another clever topic for everyone to feed your insatiable appetite. You might need to create another screen name to throw the scent.

Any one know the Superfan schedule this week?

mADAM, You've already accomplished what you set out to do with this thread.

Cute. Again, what are you, about 8, 9? Either that or usually people that use "effeminate" or gay slang in a derogatory way are closet homosexuals who secretly hate themselves. Something to think about.

The only thing I "set out to do" with this thread was vent and get some advice on how to get my $199 back, or find out if it was even possible.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.