So how's everyone digging the NFL REDZONE CHANNEL?

First of all you can do the same thing you always did with one game. You can DVR it and come in an hour or two late and skip through the Red Zone channel 30 seconds at a time. I tried this on following one team once and really liked the ability to see the game in under an hour, just the important plays, not the commercials nor the plays that don't amount to anything which is what makes the RedZone channel work so well.

But most of the time I just like watching it live and seeing ALL the games, key plays and key progress.

Almost... And that is the plan but not only. They cover all the action even if it has to be delayed by a few seconds because other "red Zone games were on the screen during a key play. e.g. Say a team is in offense on the 40 yard line and scores a first down or has a turnover and the other team gets the ball. They will show a rerun of that key play ASAP. You can be pretty sure you're not going to miss any action in any game. Sometimes you may think a game is being ignored, but if that happens the host, Scott Hansen will keep you abreast of why they haven't gone to the game for awhile. As in, there just has been no Red Zone plays, nor any major action center field. When plays are occuring the same time, they do a split screen to see both live. Maximum two at a time. It pays to have a big screen when they do this.

One of the favorite aspects of Red Zone is No Blackouts! So, when our Jaguars v Buffalo game got blacked out Sunday, I get to watch it. For all the money you pay for that NFLST on DirecTV, you still get blacked out. That really sucks!

ah, this sounds pretty cool. so you get to see the highlights of games as they are happening, very cool....

I prefer it to when I had Sunday Ticket with DirecTV a couple of years ago mainly because it makes keeping track of my fantasy team very easy for much less money. I really don't care about watching entire out of market games between nobodies for boatloads of cash.

RZ is the channel to have if you have ADHD and aren't a fan of the game, or of any team playing any game you really care about. Otherwise you would want to watch an entire game featuring the team you are a fan of and not just the scoring plays either.

RZ is the channel to have if you have ADHD and aren't a fan of the game, or of any team playing any game you really care about. Otherwise you would want to watch an entire game featuring the team you are a fan of and not just the scoring plays either.

But now I have ADHD HD :)

It works for me because my favorite team is local, Go Pats!!. So I can watch that game and then Red Zone the rest of the day.

LOL! That's a harsh assessment. I watch all of the Browns game and switch to RZ during commercial. If the Browns are getting blown out in the 4th quarter I go PIP.

Since it isn't "just the scoring plays" you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

For anyone who needs to see everything, including the commercial breaks 30 seconds of an official staring into a black booth for one team, you can bring up the PIP split screen with your favorite team on one side and RED Zone on the other. If your team is blacked out, then RED ZONE is all you'll have! If you don't care about other teams and only watch your team and never have to deal with blackouts, then RED ZONE is NOT for you.

Since it isn't "just the scoring plays" you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

For anyone who needs to see everything, including the commercial breaks 30 seconds of an official staring into a black booth for one team, you can bring up the PIP split screen with your favorite team on one side and RED Zone on the other. If your team is blacked out, then RED ZONE is all you'll have! If you don't care about other teams and only watch your team and never have to deal with blackouts, then RED ZONE is NOT for you.

That is true, they often show the games when no one is near the "red zone". And almost everything they show is live, with the exception if they can't cut to a certain game, they will replay something big that happened on the other game, simulatenous feeds are in effect sometimes too.

I did watch the RZ channel when it was in freeview mode. And I stand by my assessment. :)

Personally I don't see the attraction to the channel. Every time I start getting into any one game, they switch to two other teams with a different dynamic. It takes me time ti get into that game and by the time I start caring about that game they switch again and show me another game. By definition NFL RZ show only the potential scoring situations and switches to another game the instant there is no potential scoring play. The only time this channel doesn't show a team in the red zone is when there are no teams there.

I understand switching to something else while there are commercials or the idiotic "replay reviews" that should be eradicated from every sport, but to spend an entire Sunday never settling down to a game is the sign of ADHD (even in HD) and the fact that the viewer is not really a fan of any one team being featured.
(exception-your team blacked out an you couldn't get/afford a ticket)

Anyway, the OP asked how we liked the channel and I answered honestly. I can't see how a true fan of the game can watch this channel for more than a few minutes without yanking his hair out! I love football. ALL of it. Every play. When I go to the games (and I go to every Bengals' home game and then some) I want to see every play. I do not leave my seat while the clock is running! No matter how big the blow out in either direction, I want to see every play and the action in between the plays!

Well I'm a true fan too and I'm passionate about the Saints and that's why I use the pip when the Saints are playing to keep an eye on the rest of the division Panthers, Falcons, and Bucs.

I enjoy it as well, though sometimes the whole jumping here and there does get a bit crazy

Ok Tony. I appreciate where you're coming from. I also recognize that you don't get it with blackouts as I doubt Cincinatti has ever suffered with that. Here in Jacksonville the ticket prices are outrageous for a town with a rather low wage base compared to North eastern cities. ( Hey, I lived in NY so I know) I only ever paid for a ticket once and it cost me over $120 a seat for that day way up, sun in your face, in the NB section. All the other games I went to were paid for by wealthy club members. At least those were decent seats but at $470 each they should be! This is the reason we get blacked out a lot. Then with a 1080p 120" screen HD home theater, we'd much rather enjoy the games at home. So two things, I don't want to spend $1000 a Sunday to watch the game and two, It's just better at home. Sorry, but you're just plain wrong that you have to be ADHD or too poor to afford the tickets. It's about choices.
NFL Red Zone is not for everyone. For one, you do have to be quick to follow along and you do have to keep up with the pace of it. But, with a DVR you can do your own instant replays too. I can tell you that since I began watching this season I have become more interested in the other teams, I am getting to know the other players too. This is good for something like the NFL due to all the trading all the time. One thing I do like is with NFL Red Zone I can keep up with our old Coach, Tom Coughlin. He seems to be a much better coach than when he was here. Before Red Zone, I sort of lost track of his development in the NFL since he left. I'm learning that the NFL teams is not about one team but watching the Football season. It's like watching the Olympics with a faster pace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)