So... How's It Running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess the "www" actually matters?

It seems that since the server upgrade, I've been having a login issue. Usually when I want to go to on here, I type in the address without the "www" and I can get on here and login just fine. But now, I can't login when I do that. I can still get on to the main page, but I try to login, I get this message:
[h=2]vBulletin Message[/h] Invalid Redirect URL (http://satelliteguys.us/)

So I guess when I have to login on here, I actually have to type in the "www" part now. Not a huge deal as I have the website bookmarked on my laptop, but when I have to use another computer, it can get a little annoying.

Running very noticeably faster here.

Forcing me to login again is probably related to closing my MacBook, which disconnects from the Internet.
This did not happen before--it would accept me again after having closed it all day.
This means it is harder to pick up where you left off unless you login in a different window.
Please go back to the easy-on.
-Ken

It is not due to disconnect. Without sleeping, I am still dropped after sometime less than 3 hours.
This is annoying when it used to be fine.
And it is still dropping the avatar.
-Ken

The speed is really fast. When I went to edit a post I made it wouldn't do anything when I clicked save so I refreshed the page and tried again and it saved it the second time.

The speed is really fast. When I went to edit a post I made it wouldn't do anything when I clicked save so I refreshed the page and tried again and it saved it the second time.

I wonder if pages are being re-served faster than Varnish can cache them if you're using it (saw it mentioned when the site was down the other day in an error message). More likely just vBulletin + browser cache though, or some combination of all of the above.

Scott, could there be issues with firefox? I find it horribly slow now. I have to click on links twice then hit refresh about 3-5 times in order to get the page to load.

Scott, could there be issues with firefox? I find it horribly slow now. I have to click on links twice then hit refresh about 3-5 times in order to get the page to load.
Very doubtful almost 40% of the people here use Firefox. (I use Firefox as well)

Try clearing your cache. :)

I have had trouble getting beyond the "Here we Grow Again" message until today. I couldn't find anything on the web about SG having a problem. Finally I cleared all cookies with the word Satellite in them, cleared my history and cache, rebooted my browser (Opera) and finally I got in. Could someone explain why I had to do all that to get into the new server?
Michael

Whatever caused the issue before are now fixed. No more Avatar issues nor quotes in the quick reply box

Josh a server can host many sites on it. When you create a new server it is normal to give the first IP a host name, we did that and the name is clarke.satelliteguys.us which is the servers name. That host name does not have anything to do with any of the sites running on that server but is its main name for the server itself going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)