So how's the picture quality on the new HD channels????

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just got in from work and was a bit surprised with all the replies.

Thanks for the information. Guess its time to check into getting Direct TV.

Any issues with their DVR????

People will argue the Dish DVR vs. the HR20 from DirecTV, but it's leaps and bounds better than any of the crap DVR's I've had with cable.

Just got in from work and was a bit surprised with all the replies.

Thanks for the information. Guess its time to check into getting Direct TV.

Any issues with their DVR????

Most of the issues with the HR20 dvr have been resolved. It may not be the TIVO that those owners love, but it is a very reliable recorder.

EXACTLY:up:up:up... but do not forget that NOTHING is proven and those bit rates,,,, oh yes, those bit rates !

First off,
Sean is hardly a troll for E*,
Second, your response here is more toward being a troll for DISH that anything Sean said.
He was just trying to give an honest opinion, perticularlly seeing the thread was starting to become a " How Great D*'s picture is" thread.
I think the picture is looking pretty good too, but I would like to see the new HD channels actually show more HD, alot of them have nothing close to HD , that I have seen ...
That said, I have not had time to view each channel for the perticular time that they are showing HD content.
Some show all HD others not much at all.

Jimbo

Of the programs that ARE HD on the new HD channels it is great; of the programs that were not HD on ANY HD channel I prefer pillarboxing over stretch. but thats me. If they all were required to pillar non-HD, people would be able to tell one from the other with the PQ comments. I think this is the biggest issue now; people "see" a filled 16:9 space and assume its HD.

First off,
Sean is hardly a troll for E*,
Second, your response here is more toward being a troll for DISH that anything Sean said.
He was just trying to give an honest opinion, perticularlly seeing the thread was starting to become a " How Great D*'s picture is" thread.
I think the picture is looking pretty good too, but I would like to see the new HD channels actually show more HD, alot of them have nothing close to HD , that I have seen ...
That said, I have not had time to view each channel for the perticular time that they are showing HD content.
Some show all HD others not much at all.

Jimbo
My response here was meant to be sarcasm. I love the new channels and the improved picture quality, what I do not love and what has triggered my moment of sarcasm is the huge amount of childish penis envy around here of mine is bigger than yours. Way to much of what is posted in the normal threads belongs in the war zone and it is the fault of the moderators for not enforcing the rules. This could be a much better forum and I am seeing why dbstalk keeps things more on track.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.