So lets get this straight...

Dgenx321

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Calcutta, Ohio
Dish is offering a promotion with a free ipad 2.

But they don't want to talk about it or let their retailers mention it too much because of the restrictions.

Amazing, simply amazing stuff....

What a joke on both sides.

How do you not have the terms of a promotion of what you can and cannot do before you launch it?

This was to be their biggest promotion ever and its sank faster than the Titanic...

Yup if they were giving away the current version of the iPad. Not one that is two revisions behind.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I'm really not trying to be contrary here, but I have seen many repeated ads for the Ipad promotion. It was in the St. Petersburg Times (or whatever it's now called) it was on ESPN and not a Dish customer only commercial, and more all within the last few days. Further it's the first thing you get when you go to Dish.com.

Last edited:
I have heard those Boston guys a lot since the start of the promotion.I've seen it on Dish,heard it on sirius,and local radio.

I think I've seen the "unsafe in kitchen/treehouse/under the bed" one about a dozen times each during the Cup races on TNT the last few weeks.

I've seen the commercial three times, on AMC alone, in the last 3 hours. "So let's get this straight"..why was this thread started in the first place, ????

Last edited:
I like the idea of the promotion but I do not like Apple's rules on promoting it. I was pretty excited about the promo when I first heard but it really hasn't done anything to boost our sales. I'm sure Dish has been getting plenty of phone calls asking about it but it hasn't been the greatest for most of us retailers.

Even if it does nothing to increase sales for Dish and retailers, it sure does help out Apple in dumping overstock of a previous model line. :rolleyes:

Even if it does nothing to increase sales for Dish and retailers, it sure does help out Apple in dumping overstock of a previous model line. :rolleyes:

Doesn't bother me. It's still an iPad and that's all most people want. I got one for going to Team Summit and gave it to my wife. She was more than happy to have it regardless of what model it was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)