So lets get this straight...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Time to do some homework!

Care to be more specific about what you mean?

What I see is that Direct has about 35 million subscribers, and Dish has about 14 million. If you want to be really picky and technical, Direct has approximately 2.5 times the number of subscribers. So how does that change my point, or are you just trolling for some reason? Would my point have been different if I had said DirecTV has 2.51673298 times the number of subscribers as Dish? Really? I said, in very general round numbers, 2 times as many, making a general point.

ipad 2 and ipad mini have same specs, other than mini being smaller, it's a great tablet.
Yeh...I thought I would want an iPad, but after playing with both, the mini seemed right for me. If not, I'll return it.
Can't wait...like I was with my first 3g iPod 10 years ago.

I love my iPad 2 :D . I don't know why people that like Android try to put down iDevices. To each their own, iPad can't be all that bad if it's still the most popular tablet...

agreed. i had an ipad 1 and recently sold my ipad 2 after switching to an android tablet. they are solid devices that got the job done while i had it.

Same old I have vs you have...just like D* vs E*. Silly, as always. I JUST NOW bout an iPad mini, refurb. After lot's of research, could not find how Android would be a better buy, especially since I just got Hopper w/Sling with iPad transfer. Will I use it much? Probably not...but I can!!!

i do hope to see the explorer and transfer apps on android soon. when i was buying ipads i always bought them refurbished from the apple store. saved a good amount of $$$. smart buy kent!

So I cut the cord in February. If dish is looking to increase sales with this promotion I would think that it would run on network TV, I haven't seen it, doesn't mean it's not there, just that I haven't seen it. Sure they want folks to jump from other pay TV providers, but there are plenty of folks that grew tired of paying for a lot of channels with nothing to watch that have cut the cord. If they want to get any of them back the ads need to run on OTA as well as pay channels....

Just saying....

Ross

Ps an IPad2 isn't enough to get me back but it might be for some....

Sent via Tapatalk

I have not seen any commercials with an iPad promotion. Like Ross, we are discussing cutting the cord. Many nights, we find ourselves watching junk that we pay for on Dish rather than junk that we can get for free off the antenna. I am not blaming Dish. The channels they offer have not changed, but the content has. TV Land used to show old shows. Now it seems to be original content. History used to have history, not Ice Road Truckers, Pawn Stars, and Swamp Men. I would like a news/sports package for $10 a month - CNN, HLN, Fox News, Weather Channel, and ESPN. Of course, those are probably the most expensive channels...

But even if I saw the commercial, we probably are not eligible for the iPad - unless we threaten to leave. A few months ago, my wife called about getting high def. It is free for life for new customers. For 8-year customers, it is $10 per month. A coworker called about the same time to get a DVR. She has been a customer for about 10 years. They gave her an outrageous price. Yesterday, she called to cancel and told them she was switching to DirectTV. By the time she got off the phone, she had been promised a DVR and high def channels with no increase in her monthly bill. It is sad that you need to threaten to leave before you can get any new promotions. At least the cell phone companies let you get the new phones every two years.

An iPad2 may be enough to get me to sign a new 2-year contract.

I love my iPad 2 :D . I don't know why people that like Android try to put down iDevices. To each their own, iPad can't be all that bad if it's still the most popular tablet...

Some people just hate things that are considered the best. They like to be different. I can be that way with certain things myself but I can't help but really like Apple products. I think it's more stubborn than anything.

I was an iPhone user since they first came out and told myself i would never try Android. I broke my iPhone and due to Apples strict rules I couldn't get an early upgrade on an iPhone but I could with an Android. Since then I'll most likely never go back to the iPhone. Having my iPhone jailbroken was great but I can do pretty much all the same things plus more on my Android right out of the box. Not to mention its much faster and a much bigger screen and much more sleek. I still have an iPad but I'm def sticking to Android phones.

Some people just hate things that are considered the best. They like to be different. I can be that way with certain things myself but I can't help but really like Apple products. I think it's more stubborn than anything.
Nope, not very close to the truth. Most Apple products are overpriced for the features. That is why I haven't bought any Apple products in, well, decades.

All I know is I love my iPhone and iPad and to each their own!

I use Apple mobile devices and all my laptops and desktops run Windows 7/Windows 8.

/off-topic

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Just orderd an iPad mini last night. Might have considered an Android tab, but want the ability to use the HWS transfer. I've had several Apple products and am confident in their quality.

I have not seen any commercials with an iPad promotion. Like Ross, we are discussing cutting the cord. Many nights, we find ourselves watching junk that we pay for on Dish rather than junk that we can get for free off the antenna. I am not blaming Dish. The channels they offer have not changed, but the content has. TV Land used to show old shows. Now it seems to be original content. History used to have history, not Ice Road Truckers, Pawn Stars, and Swamp Men. I would like a news/sports package for $10 a month - CNN, HLN, Fox News, Weather Channel, and ESPN. Of course, those are probably the most expensive channels... But even if I saw the commercial, we probably are not eligible for the iPad - unless we threaten to leave. A few months ago, my wife called about getting high def. It is free for life for new customers. For 8-year customers, it is $10 per month. A coworker called about the same time to get a DVR. She has been a customer for about 10 years. They gave her an outrageous price. Yesterday, she called to cancel and told them she was switching to DirectTV. By the time she got off the phone, she had been promised a DVR and high def channels with no increase in her monthly bill. It is sad that you need to threaten to leave before you can get any new promotions. At least the cell phone companies let you get the new phones every two years. An iPad2 may be enough to get me to sign a new 2-year contract.

Good luck with getting a free iPad. Even threatening to leave won't work. All they will say is they are for new customers . Only way would be to cancel and wait 3 months and come back. I agree with the history channel airing shows that should be on an entirely new channel. I think tv land is airing more original content to get people watching it more . There's only so many episodes for shows. You should be able to get a deal at the end Of your 2 year contract. I just signed for another 2 years. Was at 6 months left with my 2 year. They offered 15 bucks off for 10 months and 2 free hoppers with sling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)