So much for new box

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gremlin411

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2008
South East Texas
I got to try and play with the Azbox today. But it will not power on :eek: tried ever outlet in the house no joy :(.

Sent message to guy I got it from hope to hear back soon.

Mine didn't power up the first time I plugged it in. I took the top off and made sure all the internal connections were snug, and also replaced the power cord that came with it (with the euro-to-US adapter) with one from my laptop... and then the Azbox powered up.

Later I used the cord and it was OK, so apparently something was a bit loose inside the box.

The front panel cable was completely out of the mainboard socket when I got mine. Wouldn't turn on, no display (because the cable was unplugged).

As I started to freak out I remembered that others have had the same problem out-of-the-box. Took the cover off and voila.

On my Azbox, the euro adapter and power cord would not cooperate without a little adjustment.

When fully inserted, metal on the power cord contacts do not connect with the adapter contacts. Power cord plug contacts are only present on the tip, not along the entire probe.

What I did was to pull the plug out a little until contact was made.

Attachments

• europlug and adapter.jpg
    europlug and adapter.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 214
  • europlug in too far.jpg
    europlug in too far.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 204
  • europlug in works.jpg
    europlug in works.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 226
On my Azbox, the euro adapter and power cord would not cooperate without a little adjustment.

When fully inserted, metal on the power cord contacts do not connect with the adapter contacts. Power cord plug contacts are only present on the tip, not along the entire probe.

Holly molly !!!!!!!!

Quapoharry that did the trick Thanks a millon

I have benn playing with it and the learning curve needs to come in anytime now. Hard to figure out but I am getting it done. I have it slaved to my 5000. and forgot to turn off the 5000 before a scan on 97 and only got 72 channels. Then later i thought it must only have 72 H channels. I am slow but I am getting old too. LOL!!!!!!

Thanks guys

My Azbox adapter did the same.
I scavenged a cord from my old Norelco. No adapter needed!

Azbox power cord

You really don't need an adapter for the Azbox power cord. I just cut the euro plug off and installed a 69 cent lamp-cord plug. Works great and one less thing to go wrong.

I had an old cord laying around from another piece of electronics that doesnt exist

much easier :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)