So No NHL Network On The First Day Of The Season??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NY Rangers 07

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Word had it we woud be getting NHL network to begin the hockey season today. :confused::confused: Would have made sense to launch it today :mad: I was also hoping that MSG-HD would be up in time for the game Thursday VS Florida. Guess us hockey fans just aren't very important anymore...:(

Word had it we woud be getting NHL network to begin the hockey season today. :confused::confused: Would have made sense to launch it today :mad: I was also hoping that MSG-HD would be up in time for the game Thursday VS Florida. Guess us hockey fans just aren't very important anymore...:(

I am a huge hockey but, you are right just does not matter to them if we get NHL network or HD at the start of the season.

Very disappointing indeed, I mean it's opening night and not 1 game in HD!!!!!! I know the season technically started over the weekend in London. But this is opening night in North America for crying out loud !!!!!! I purchased CI in hopes alot of games would be broadcast in HD, nothing there !!! MSG-HD is listed in Access Magazine as an October channel, yet nothing there either...
To be honest I was looking forward to getting home from work and seeing that MSG-HD and NHL Network had launched today in time for the start of the Rangers season, but it's now just another disappointing day. I've been waiting for MSG-HD to become active since the HD rollout, checking every day, still nothing. It was the main reason I decided to go with Dtv instead of Dish....:(:(

Very disappointing indeed, I mean it's opening night and not 1 game in HD!!!!!! I know the season technically started over the weekend in London. But this is opening night in North America for crying out loud !!!!!! I purchased CI in hopes alot of games would be broadcast in HD, nothing there !!! MSG-HD is listed in Access Magazine as an October channel, yet nothing there either...
To be honest I was looking forward to getting home from work and seeing that MSG-HD and NHL Network had launched today in time for the start of the Rangers season, but it's now just another disappointing day. I've been waiting for MSG-HD to become active since the HD rollout, checking every day, still nothing. It was the main reason I decided to go with Dtv instead of Dish....:(:(

What about the doubleheader on Versus?

Yes, I believe doubleheader on Versus are both in HD. Might not be the Rangers but does it really matter since the Pens will win the Cup :)

I called 2 days ago to order DTV (comming from Dish) and I specifically asked if the Rangers were in HD and I was told yes. I then called back 2 other times to see if I would get the same answer and again I was told the NY Rangers were in HD. I know the CSRs don't know much but damn you think they would know the answer to a simple question like "Are the Rangers in HD ? "

I told them when I signed up that the only reason I am switching to DTV was because they show the NY Rangers in HD and that if I get installed and the Rangers aren't in HD Im cancelling the service. Unfortunatley I guess ill be calling DTV to cancel my service and be playing back the recorded conversation of my order. :(

I called 2 days ago to order DTV (comming from Dish) and I specifically asked if the Rangers were in HD and I was told yes. I then called back 2 other times to see if I would get the same answer and again I was told the NY Rangers were in HD. I know the CSRs don't know much but damn you think they would know the answer to a simple question like "Are the Rangers in HD ? "

I told them when I signed up that the only reason I am switching to DTV was because they show the NY Rangers in HD and that if I get installed and the Rangers aren't in HD Im cancelling the service. Unfortunatley I guess ill be calling DTV to cancel my service and be playing back the recorded conversation of my order. :(

Or you could just wait another week or two until the channels you want show up... they've said all along they'd be adding channels through October.

What good does it do you to cancel now? You still won't have what you want, now or later.

There seems to be an issue with the NHL Network as tonights games are now being show in HD on Versus.

Still no NHL Network on Dish, DirecTV, COX or Comcast.

The Ducks red Wings game is on VS in HD as we speek.

PQ is good, not great... but I think it may be because of the camera angles they are using. Everything seems to be zoomed in way too tight, so there's a lot of fast camera movement they really don't need...

I would have no problem waiting if they were in fact comming within this month. The problem is if I can't even get the correct info from the now, Im not sure that MSG HD is even comming to DTV. Also Scott (From this board), who is very knowledgable, has stated it doesn't look like MSGHD is comming anytime soon.

Or you could just wait another week or two until the channels you want show up... they've said all along they'd be adding channels through October.

What good does it do you to cancel now? You still won't have what you want, now or later.

I would have no problem waiting if they were in fact comming within this month. The problem is if I can't even get the correct info from the now, Im not sure that MSG HD is even comming to DTV. Also Scott (From this board), who is very knowledgable, has stated it doesn't look like MSGHD is comming anytime soon.

Yeah, good point - I have heard that about that channel in particular, although it sounds like that has more to do with MSG wanting to keep their channel on cable and not giving it to the satellite providers...

Yeah, good point - I have heard that about that channel in particular, although it sounds like that has more to do with MSG wanting to keep their channel on cable and not giving it to the satellite providers...

that's what i've been reading on boards everywhere - that dolan will not let ANY sat provider carry MSGHD

I saw this on d* tech help forum. I hope this is the case, because i dont care if i get msg hd full time. Although it would be nice, but as long as i can watch the rangers in hd on d* i will be happy.

MSG FSNY HD Oct 3, 2007

Don't care what the October Channel guide states. MSGHD and FSN NY are not coming to directv. I customer service e mailed me the following statement. (i dont even have channel 96 or 97)

Thank you for writing about MSG in HD. We recently expanded our HD coverage to include Knicks, Islanders, Devils and Rangers games broadcast in HD by MSG on channel 96 or 97. For details, check your on screen program guide. If you have HD equipment and an RSN is included in your programming package you should be able to see games in HD.

However, our satellite capacity doesn’t allow us to offer MSG in HD 24/7 in the immediate future. We’re continuing to expand our capacity, so stick with us. Stay tuned to local news and directv.com/local for more information as it becomes available.

Thanks again for writing and stay tuned to directv.com for the latest news and information about our service.

Sincerely,

Rhodora P.
Employee I.D. No. 100108188
DIRECTV Customer Service

if you can hold off on the game you should be able to see the 1 am replay on hdnet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)