So No NHL Network On The First Day Of The Season??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Word had it we woud be getting NHL network to begin the hockey season today.

Where did you hear that? I e-mailed Chase Carey the other day and one of his assistants actually called me yesterday. I asked her about the NHL Network. She said right now she didn't have any info on it but suggested that we go to the D* web site and make sure we enter it for one of our requested channels. I suggest we all do that and give them a ton of e-mails requesting this.

the panters-rangers game is being broadcast in hd on both hdnet and nhl center ice.

Yeah I seen that, but as Kev stated, the HDNET broadcast will be blacked out and we'll all get stuck watching it on MSG-SD. Trust me, I tried to cover all my bases for the Rangers like I do every year. Center Ice, MSG etc....
As someone else stated, when I was doing research into providers I was told by a CSR that MSG-HD would be coming to Dtv (If not by Oct, in Oct). So I switched last month from cable to Sat and now this. To be honest I kinda feel like I was duped/tricked into switching. I think someone from Dtv should have to speak up and let me know what THE REAL DEAL IS..Kind of shadey and a lame business practice to fall into..... Just my .02

Last edited:
Yeah I seen that, but as Kev stated, the HDNET broadcast will be blacked out and we'll all get stuck watching it on MSG-SD. Trust me, I tried to cover all my bases for the Rangers like I do every year. Center Ice, MSG etc....
As someone else stated, when I was doing research into providers I was told by a CSR that MSG-HD would be coming to Dtv, so I switched last month from cable to Sat and now this. To be honest I kinda feel like I was duped/tricked into switching. I think someone from Dtv should have to speak up and let me know what THE REAL DEAL IS..Kind of shadey and a lame business practice to fall into..... Just my .02

You're not alone. Satco's have been duping/tricking potential customers for years now. It's the only way to get new customers that are in your situation.

D* has listed MSG-HD saying the RAngers are available in HD for about a year now on their web site. So I would recommend printing out that page on their web site and taking it to an attorney. I'm sure they have some loophole to get away with it. Just like the Dolans of Cablevision keep all NY/NJ fans from getting HD using their precious terrestrial loophole.

So you probably wont get much out of it except wasting your time and money but who knows, maybe you'll get some lawyer to open a class action suit that can finally put a stop to all this nonsense and you'll be a hero for generations to come.;) I'm pretty sure the sat and cable co's are pretty busy suing each other all the time though and that never leads to anything positive.

I'm a E* NHLCI customer but I've been waiting till the free preview is over to see if the rumors of D* getting MSGHD and FSNY HD were true before commiting to one or the other, since I'm an out of market devils fan. Every year I hear rumors of this and every year I'm dissapointed.

So I stay with E* cuz at least they have 2 or 3 feeds of each game on their NHLCI instead of having to watch the feed D* chooses for me. And since D* lied about the HD channels once again, I guess I'll just stay put at E* for at least another year. E* has 4 games on their NHLCI HD schedule tonight and I saw 2 or 3 tomorrow night, but they still don't have MSG HD or FSNY HD either, so that rules out about 150 HD games this year alone between the rangers, devils, islanders, sabres, not to mention the flyers on CSN, another HD network neither has.

Yes but anyone in the NYC area can't watch it on HDNET. It will be blacked out.

Ilkevinli,

Yes, it is true the live broadcast of In-market teams ARE Blacked out on HD-net.

HD-Net does rebroadcast all of their games about 2 hours after the live game is complete WITHOUT any blackouts.

So if you are in market of one of the teams on HD-NET, and you don't mind waiting to see the game later or want to record it you can, but only on the later NON-live Re-Air of the game.

John

Maybe this will get the ball rolling for the NHL Network to be added to Directv.

Time Warner to Carry NHL Network
But high-def coverage is up in the air.
By Swanni

Washington, D.C. (October 5, 2007) -- Time Warner Cable has agreed to carry the National Hockey League's new 24-hour sports channel.

The channel, NHL Network, will broadcast 50 league games live this season, many of which will be available in High-Definition.

However, it's uncertain if local Time Warner systems will show the games in high-def.

Mark Harrad, a Time Warner Cable spokesman, told TVPredictions.com last night that it's up to each local Time Warner operator to determine whether to air the NHL Network's high-def broadcasts.

"We have the rights to offer their HD content. It will depend on the individual divisions, if they want to devote the bandwidth to carry these games," Harrad said.

The NHL Network has been available in Canada since 2001, but this is the first year in the United States. The channel will show documentaries and news shows on NHL issues as well as the live games.

Cox Communications had previously announced it would carry the NHL Network, but has not said if it will air the high-def games.

Time Warner to Carry NHL Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)