So what do you people think...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cdru

Just another yahoo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Over at DSL Reports there is a discussion going on over this news article.

To summarize the article, in a recent tornado in Lincoln Nebraska, a bunch of houses were destoryed. When one resident contacted Dish about the equipment, they were told that it was their responsibility to pay for the equipment (even if insurance didn't cover it) since it was leased equipment. The local cable company is supposibly eating the costs for their rented equipment.

Who do you think is "right"? Should Dish eat the costs...or should the "blame" be given to the victim for not having the right insurance coverage?

cdru said:
[...]
Who do you think is "right"? Should Dish eat the costs...or should the "blame" be given to the victim for not having the right insurance coverage?

I think you're just wanting confirmation of an opinion you've already formed (i.e. Dish is "wrong".) The way you've formed the question begs the response you've built into it. Either re-phrase the question to take a bias out of it or just be honest enought to state your opinion directly -- if you want "honest" opinions.

As a long time supporter of Dish Network in the early days. I would have reacted much like davhol. However, I read your question and reread it to make sure that I could see both sides of the issue. The fact of the matter is, there aren't many peaple who loose their equipment in a Tornado. It is hard enough for a family to recoup after a natural disaster such as that. Most people are able to have their a/v equipment covered by their home owners insurance. For the few that over looked that or didn't have adequate coverage, the least Dish could do is spend the $199 dollars (like it costs Charlie THAT much) and help a family through a difficult time. A little bit of PR goes along way. OH yeah, I forgot, both of the DBS providers forgot what it is like to be a human being. Charlie..........Rupert.........are you listening?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)