So what do you think?

Wow. What can I say. The Dish team on the boards has been spectacular.
Matt in particular has gone out of his way to help me with my slow menu problems on my 722k.
With these guys on here I feel that my problems are being addressed by Dish and not just falling on deaf ears.
Hope they stick around for a long time.

I agree with many of the posts here. The team is great to have, albeit very robotic and scripted at first, but now they are very down to earth and pleasant with their replies on the forums. I believe one of the things that many of us just cringe at dealing with either on the phone or chat is the scripted greetings and responses that get old very quick, especially when you have to contact them multiple times for the same issue. Now if Dish could take what the reps here have learned about communicating with customers and take that to the rest of their phone and chat CSR's, I think customers would be a bit more receptive to dealing with customer service. Not to mention a little more in the way of training too (packages, equipment, etc.). All in all, a nice addition to Satellite Guys!

Scott
You are to be congratulated for working this out with Dish-very major advance for this site No wonder you were singled out by Charts in a recent chat as "a leading expert in the field"

Scott
You are to be congratulated for working this out with Dish-very major advance for this site No wonder you were singled out by Charts in a recent chat as "a leading expert in the field"

I can't take credit here as it was DISH who aproached us with this idea. We just gave them the resources then needed to get the job done. :)

And with that said we would do the same for DIRECTV as well.

I have said this in another thread, but I agree 100%. I am VERY impressed at the way they are handling themselves on the site. I agree they started out a bit rocky, but are doing a great job. I love that Dish is using this as a way to connect to their customers. I hope they stay around a long time!

I agree that they try to be helpful, but they're hobbled by not knowing exactly what they're dealing with. Presumbably when you take calls at DISH is that you can know the customer's setup with relative confidence. Here, you have to wring it out of them and even then, they don't always give complete and accurate information.

I think there is a need for an intermediate level of support where you can get nitty gritty technical questions answered quickly and accurately. I'm not sure how you squeeze it into the system but it would help many who need details rather than handholding.

I think as an experiment in handholding, a forum probably isn't the right tool because you have to pepper the customer with questions to figure out what you're dealing with.

At first it was a little strange but now I like they are a part of the forum.

I think it is great. I really liked Matts response to the HD Lite question, he did not know the answer, was trying to find out, but was unable.
Dan

Using my iPad as my pc is down.

I just want to give props to the dish team. :p Seriously though, they've been a great asset to this site. Mary's contributions to the international channel threads have been especially helpful. I look forward to their continued presence here.

Charlie Ergen should be proud and happy that he has such a following here. Even if some are following with torches and pitchforks.