So; what have I done? Argh!

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
CE Friends,

What have I done to myself? I somehow lost power in the house and my DVR on CE firmware was in the process of starting up and for some unknown reason I pounce on the remote like a rabid jackal and get the 0 2 4 6 8 code typed in like I do on SAT night; only to think;" ITS NOT SAT NIGHT YOU IDIOT". Mind you that I normally work evenings and usually I am not even awake at this time of day; LOL Needless to say the current national firmware is loading right now (0457). What have I done to myself? What will I lose? I had about 10 recordings saved, but luckily all watched already. Will I hose up any space on the HDD? Can I correct any of these things? What happens when I go back to the CE firmware?

I am about 5 mins away from seeing for myself what recording may or may not be there, but any thoughts would be great.

Thanks for any insight.
Your friend,
The Quick Clicker

Well its all done and all my recordings still show. The HDD meter is still reporting the same figure (from what I remember it being).. So maybe no harm no foul?

Very possible. Only a small percentage of CE's, historically, have had issues with recordings between the CE and the NR.

Charper,
You've actually harmed NOTHING, as you already found out, your recordings are all there, your Series Links as well.
Like Hancox said, it's very rare to have a recordings issue with the CE's, obviously it DOES happen once in a while that there is an issue, but not very often.

Your actually not missing much as you can download right back where you were tonight. (if your around to do it !)
Also, the "NR" is not really all that far behind at this point.

I just ON PURPOSE removed the CE from my HR20-700 as I HATE the new way the Info shows on the screen, I'm hoping when I D/L tonights version it won't reactivate it !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)