So, While watching FTA today, How cold did you get (outside)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Tron, be careful as the Big Easy becomes the Big Icee this week.

Posted via electronic smoke signal

This is rare, i live in FL

IMG_0932.jpgIMG_0933.jpgIMG_0934.jpg

Here in central Virginia it was 14 last night, 22 today and suppose to be down to 9 tonight, and it's snowing now. Not extremely cold compared to some other places, but cold just the same for me.

Funny, yesterday it was forecast to only be 44 and by 2pm it was 60? The Wife and I did do our 1.5 mile walk yesterday just before noon and it was 54 then.

Ennywho, about now I'm damn tired of cold weather and we've got about 2 more months of it before it's likely to get warm again. !

Tron, be careful as the Big Easy becomes the Big Icee this week.

Posted via electronic smoke signal

Well, it certainly has. All elevated freeways closed, all metro government offices closed, and many businesses as well.

We will get above freezing briefly this afternoon, but not long enough for the ice to melt and the water to evaporate before refreezing.

OMG! What is that in the sky today?? It is so bright I can't look at it! It is making shadows all over the yard! Could that be what they call the Sun?

If it is, the first time in 3-1/2 weeks!!!
....this winter is never going to end.....

8 degrees for us last night, with Birmingham paralyzed again with 2" of snow. I shouldn't even mention it, compared to Toucan and some of you real cold-weather dwellers, but it is very unusual for us southlanders. The forecasters really messed up on this one, they have been apologizing all day on the OTA channels. It almost compares to the big snowstorm of 93. We hit 33 today and some of it started melting here just north of the big city, but still a ways to go for traffic to get back to normal again.

There was a forecaster in Atlanta back in the 70s and 80s who once said that Atlanta and Birmingham are the two hardest locations in the U.S. to predict weather, due to the convergence of the Gulf, the Atlantic, and the Appalachians. You can never guess what's going to happen, especially when it comes to frozen stuff in the winter.

We set a new low temp record for this date this morning of 3*f, eclipsing the old record of 4*f that was set back in 1934.

The guy came today and filled my propane tank and I got sticker shock when I looked at the bill. Propane is now $3.10 a gallon up .70 cents from $2.40 a gallon on January 3rd?? :confused: Seems there's a shortage from all that "global warming" we've had lately in the midwest and northeast? I turned the heat back to 40* in the shop after that one and I'll spend much more time here in the house for the rest of the winter.

Minus 2 F for us Wednesday night, that is a record. Somehow, the water didn't freeze, and the power stayed on. I'm so glad i spent all that time crawling around under the house, several years back, insulating the pipes. It's always a few degrees colder here though because we are situated in a short little valley between a couple of pretty decent mountain ridges. Temperature always seems to really bottom out here. But by 10am it was 34 and rising, most of the stinky snow/ice melted by afternoon.

We set a new low temp record for this date this morning of 3*f, eclipsing the old record of 4*f that was set back in 1934.

The guy came today and filled my propane tank and I got sticker shock when I looked at the bill. Propane is now $3.10 a gallon up .70 cents from $2.40 a gallon on January 3rd?? :confused: Seems there's a shortage from all that "global warming" we've had lately in the midwest and northeast? I turned the heat back to 40* in the shop after that one and I'll spend much more time here in the house for the rest of the winter.

$3.10 is cheap now. Hovering around $5 a gallon here

$3.10 is cheap now. Hovering around $5 a gallon here

Yeah well, looks like I'll have a chimney in the shop by next winter!!

When we built this new house I decided not to mess with wood heat because of the mess but if propane goes up much more I'll just have to put up with that mess next winter. My old house was heated with wood for the better part of 15 years and that saved me a ton of money on the electric bill.

It's always something, isn't it! Got a $20 a month increase in my Social Security check starting in January and now my propane bill is probably going to cost me twice that much before spring! :rant:

Lone, I thought that was very cheap until I looked at my bill again. We had propane delivered on 1-13, and I'm sure that was after the gouge was already starting, it was 2.859/gal that day. I hate to think what the next will be, if we can even get any. Hopefully we won't need another delivery before warm weather though, got a big tank and one usually does us through the coldest months. Back before the arctic blasts started coming down..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Where are they hiding Galaxy 19?

Rural TV - 103w

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)