So who is loving their PTAT this week?

keckge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 11, 2008
Illinois
I have never had such a wonderful week for the beginning of the big four it is so awesome! No conflicts this is the first time ever that I have been able to watch every new show that I have wanted. There is no going back now. PTAT has changed the world for me.

calbbs

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 18, 2012
SF Bay Area
Yes, I have to agree. I've been waiting for this week with all the new/old shows coming back with their premieres. No conflicts and I can check out the new shows and give them a test run. If they are no good, gone from save this series. I have yet to have any conflicts since we(wife and I) got our 2H/1J setup. PTAT turned on for the 1H, if I ever do get a conflict I will just Hop(sic) over to the other Hopper and set the timer there. I love my Hopper(s), just wish they would give us a list view for recordings so I won't have to listen to "the one who must be obeyed" complain about the display anymore :rolleyes:.

bjwilsonesq

May 29, 2008
Glad to hear your feedback. I have been on the fence about trading up to a 1H/1J setup from my 722 in dual mode, but dealing with tuner conflicts this week has made me regret not jumping sooner.

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Love it, it's great this time of year and is very useful to try out new shows that you may not have a timer for!

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
My wife loved it before, and will even moreso now. I also do, as, once again, I get to check out shows that I never would have before.

Centex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 20, 2006
Waco, TX
Ironically, I have not been able to use Autohop for any of the Prime time shows I have watched. I have been so excited to watch them that I watched them same day, before Autohop was active!

gregleg

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jun 5, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I actually just re-enabled PTAT this week for the express purpose of being able to audition all the sounded-maybe-interesting shows without having to set up timers. It's worked well for that.

Newbie 721

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
I upgraded to 1 Hopper 1 Joey beginning of summer. At the time installer told me that PTAT would not be available to me because my locals were not in HD.
Last night the one who must be obeyed discovered her recordings were in conflict because suddenly there was a PT on every program of the locals. Checked with dish
they still show my locals in SD. Was wondering if Dish has PTAT in SD now or if for some reason Lubbock, Texas locals are in HD now????
Anyone with answers????

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
If I recall correctly the changed it so some markets that are sd only can now use PTAT. Yours must be one of those.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

thechaz05

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 26, 2011
Irwin
Also does auto-hop not work on Joey????

It works on the Joey.

I got my hopper upgrade done just in time for these premiers and I am so glad I did. Being able to catch everything with no conflicts is a blessing. Also, now I am able to give shows a try that I previously could not have due to timer/tuner restrictions. :D

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
The only problems I see coming are on Sundays on CBS. You know that The Good Wife and The Mentalist will both not record correctly ,because of Football over runs. I set up a timer for both with 90 minutes extensions to make sure we get both shows.

sparc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 24, 2006
I actually just re-enabled PTAT this week for the express purpose of being able to audition all the sounded-maybe-interesting shows without having to set up timers. It's worked well for that.
Did the same thing, but then I started reading the show descriptions of the new pilots this season and found little new to bother fast forwarding through. Broadcast networks might have come out with their worst season of new shows.

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Whew! What a week for Prime Time Anytime, some shows good, some shows bad....but "show trial week" was brought to me with the ease of PTAT :)

redsalmon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 7, 2005
Soldotna AK
Used PTAT last season and love it except for one item. The end of the PTAT is 10:01 local. The whole problem for us in Alaska is that most of the prime time shows end later due to the insertion of countless local ads. There is no adjustment for ending times in PTAT. Seems like it should be easily programable just like it is for normally recorded shows. This year I'm just using the three tuners to record and hopefully can get all the shows I want, only bad thing no auto-hop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)