Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well the IPHONE hits on Friday.

Whos getting one? The reviews I have read of it so far have not impressed me.

I am with Verizon and am waiting for them to release the new 6800 phone. I have a 6700 now and I love it. The 6800 will offer me new features and fix issues that I have been having with the 6700 which was a limitation of the 6700. :)

But with that said... back to the question. Whos getting an Iphone? And if not why?

It has one flaw right out of the box: It doesn't do 3G on AT&T's network.

I'll stick with my 8525 which does do 3G.

I've had Verizon service for the past several years and have been happy with it. While the iPhone does look pretty cool, I'll skip the AT&T (Cingular) phone service, thank you.

Amazing what happens when Steve Jobs throws his marketing at something. It's not like Apple invented the idea of a phone with integrated web browser.

They didn't invent the MP3 player either but for some reason "everybody" wants an iPod.

I won't be getting one, people already have too many ways to bother me already.

I do not think I am ready for it yet. I would consider it but, I want to see what others think first before I commit the $$. Maybe it will be the next razr, but I want to see others opinions on how it holds up first.

as an Cingular/AT&T/AT&T Mobility employee I don't think its worth it (I aint paying 600 bucks for a damn phone). But it seems like some of the "fun stuff" is an add on

no thanks...I'll stick with my old school phone :)

Maybe it's my age, but having an all-in-one device has never impressed me. I have a Blackberry for email and phone. Back to the subject. No plans to get one.

Not me either, heck I havent had cell service since July of last year and you know what? I dont miss it and I like that I am not tied down to another bill and free to disapear for a while to go to the book store or some other places I like to hide out at. Sure you can say its easy to turn it off but really its not, when you have a celly theres that feeling of obligation and responsibility to keep the phone on specialy if you have a significant other or family.

QFT!

There is no way I will pay $600 for a cell phone which will be outdated in 2 years. I nearly cried when I payed $200 for my Motorazr maxx Ve.
Thats 6 months not 2 years, I cant tell you how many LG's and Nokia's I got when they came out only to find that they were outdated by other phones in short order.

Its slick looking, I'll give it that. Besides the price, the problem I see is the screen. You've got this beautiful lcd screen thats going to be pressed against your nasty, sweaty face! Needs a screen protector or maybe they are planning on most people going Bluetooth with it. I was worried about it when I got my Razr a couple years back and had a hell of a time finding a case when the phone was new that had a screen cover built in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)