So will there be new hd this week?

We actually captured video of Dish Networks new Grass HD channel the other day and posted it into the Pub Members area.

Maybe Goalie bob should post it here. I was an interesting channel to say the least. :D

Some more channels??

Wow, after this one, I can't wait to see "PaintDryHD" and "RockErosionHD". :) With a line-up like that D* is doomed.

Well, if there is truth to the rumor that D* MPEG4 will be in full resolution with 4 HD channels on a transponder and a higher variable bitrate then I think E* will be forced to act quickly or they just might lose some HD subscribers. Let the drama unfold.

How does one follow this rumor?

For if it is true, I would be willing to pay E* off for the rest of my contract and switch.

Well, if there is truth to the rumor that D* MPEG4 will be [...]with [...] a higher variable bitrate ...

"a higher variable bitrate" :D:D

...sounds like the sort of self-contradictory things that Ahmadinejad was saying today.

Not unlike "a low adjustable interest rate"...

PS I heard that if you subscribe to D* HD, then a massage therapist of your choice of gender will visit you one hour a week for free ! ;)

Last edited:
PS I heard that if you subscribe to D* HD, then a massage therapist of your choice of gender will visit you one hour a week for free ! ;)

I'd rather have that for the holidays than YuleLogHD.... As long as I can keep the gender of my choice confidential.

I'd rather have that for the holidays than YuleLogHD.... As long as I can keep the gender of my choice confidential.

Alternate every other week. That will keep them guessing. Either that or they will simply think you are very open minded. :lick

There will be if you're a DTV customer

DirecTV launches 21 new HD channels

Posted Sep 26th 2007 8:25AM by Ben Drawbaugh
Filed under: Satellite, New content
DirecTV's 100 HD channels
The day has finally come and only a week later than we originally thought. If your setup is up to it, you can now enjoy the 21 new HD channels -- four are new to just about everyone. The good news is that the HD channels are the same channel numbers as the SD equivalent, the bad news is that if you direct dial them you still have to hit the channel up button once to get the HD version, which means that most people won't ever see them. Yes, we've personally witnessed people watch an SD channel when the HD was available, just because they were on the wrong channel. If the SD channel is included in your service plan then you'll get the HD one too. Here is the list of channels that are live now, we expect more to launch as we get closer to the end of the year.

1. A&E (Channel 265)
2. Animal Planet (Channel 282)
3. Big Ten Network (Channel 220)
4. CNN (Channel 202)
5. The Discovery Channel (Channel 278)
6. The History Channel (Channel 269)
7. The Movie Channel East (Channel 544)
8. NFL Network (Channel 212)
9. Showtime West (Channel 540)
10. Showtime too (Channel 538)
11. The Smithsonian Channel (Channel 267)
12. The Science Channel (Channel 284)
13. Starz Comedy (Channel 519)
14. Starz East (Channel 522)
15. Starz West (Channel 540)
16. Starz Edge (Channel 520)
17. Starz Kids and Family (Channel 518)
18. TBS (Channel 247)
19. TLC (Channel 280)
20. Versus / The Golf Channel (Channel 604)
21. The Weather Channel (Channel 362)

Tags: breaking news, BreakingNews, DirecTV, DirecTV 10, Directv10:eek:

DirecTV launches 21 new HD channels

The good news is that the HD channels are the same channel numbers as the SD equivalent, the bad news is that if you direct dial them you still have to hit the channel up button once to get the HD version, which means that most people won't ever see them.
Not true. On my HR20 if I enter 202 on the remote, I go to CNN HD and not CNN SD.

Scott that was an odd thing to post. Do you know something exciting that you are not yet at liberty to share????

I know an installer who said he ha an inside source who heard from a CSR that Scott knows something he isn't telling us.

no TP 31 on 211 w/1000.2

E*3 Programming Post Sky Angel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)