Soapnet mapped in on X4

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
I have been stepping through the channels on the X4 map and looking at program titles. At 291 it matches up with Soapnet on my DirecTV so that will probably be the first new channel next year.

I have been stepping through the channels on the X4 map and looking at program titles. At 291 it matches up with Soapnet on my DirecTV so that will probably be the first new channel next year.
I just came across Soapnet on one of my 920's on channel 291 tonight, couldn't tell you what show as I don't care for the soaps.

Now that there are only a handful of english language soaps left, I can't imagine that the channel is long for the world.

Maybe , but for now at least they've been able to add another channel to the listing. Just have to hope that this is only the beginning of things to come.

I have forgotten the owner of this channel (maybe ABC/Disney?) but it was slated to end I thought already on all systems, so I am surprised to see it added. I wish they would add the missing discovery's instead and other missing channels such as fox news and alphabet networks. And maybe ESPN and InDemandPPV (oh wake me up I'm dreaming now)

Let's hope we're not headed down that old cable highway; "Let's add stuff just to get the channel count up." Unless it's a substantial improvement it doesn't interest me. USA, WGN, FOX News, NFL, MLB, Big 10 Network, to name a few, would be substantial, Soapnet is not.

I have forgotten the owner of this channel (maybe ABC/Disney?) but it was slated to end I thought already on all systems, so I am surprised to see it added. I wish they would add the missing discovery's instead and other missing channels such as fox news and alphabet networks. And maybe ESPN and InDemandPPV (oh wake me up I'm dreaming now)

I think I read somewhere that it's changing to some Disney kid-type channel in January.

Soapnet is owned by ABC Disney. They are suppose to change to Disney Junior next year. SRL has been working on adding Soapnet as posted on my website a couple months ago. SRL is working behind the scenes. They keep a low key unlike NPS did. Things just seem to spring up all of a sudden. :)

Whats interesting is NPS said Disney is evil and won't work with C band. Maybe it was NPS's ties with Charlie that caused Disney to spit in NPS's & now Dish Networks face. Charlie should pay Disney the money he has owed them for like a year a already instead of living in court wanting it his way.

Last edited:
Is it avalible yet cause I'm not getting it on 291.it says soap but not getting it

I have the MTV mini pack so I don't get it. Someone with the big package post if they are getting it or not.

I didn't know if id have to do a rehit or not.its been in my guide for awhile just not able to get it.I have the get it all pak

I know it has been mapped in and SRL was looking into it. I got the impression it was turned on from the posts here. Can someone confirm? I haven't heard anything to the fact from my contacts and like I said I have a small pkg so it won't be in that.

Yes it is mapped in: X4-291. Can't get it now(or maybe yet) even though I have a "Get-It-All" package currently.
Must still be in the works for later this year?

I know it has been mapped in and SRL was looking into it. I got the impression it was turned on from the posts here. Can someone confirm? I haven't heard anything to the fact from my contacts and like I said I have a small pkg so it won't be in that.

Yesterday it was turned on but this morning it's off with the need authorization screen. It was open to all as I checked it on all 3of my other receivers and one didn't have any programming on it, just playing music.
Today it's also listed in the Guide.

Last edited:
Wow FP for HITS I missed that. I didn't hear that it was a done deal so it seemed to catch me off guard that it was. Would be nice to see some new things happen though.

Soapnet is owned by ABC Disney. They are suppose to change to Disney Junior next year. SRL has been working on adding Soapnet as posted on my website a couple months ago. SRL is working behind the scenes. They keep a low key unlike NPS did. Things just seem to spring up all of a sudden. :)

Whats interesting is NPS said Disney is evil and won't work with C band. Maybe it was NPS's ties with Charlie that caused Disney to spit in NPS's & now Dish Networks face. Charlie should pay Disney the money he has owed them for like a year a already instead of living in court wanting it his way.

Interesting in that NPS said much the same about WGN America. When I talked to those folks about it they said NPS never wanted to negotiate and rebuffed all offers and calls. ??????

I haven't looked at my DSR-410, but when I set it up it read, "X4" like most. One of the people I've helped move to the W-5 system has a DSR-410 that says, "A1" for the satellite, like it was during the conversion of the 4D units. It's working fine, but I'm curious why this particular 410 sees a different designator for the satellite. Anyone else getting this on their system? I thought all of 'em when rebooted went to "x4" after changing data streams.

Last edited:
Interesting in that NPS said much the same about WGN America. When I talked to those folks about it they said NPS never wanted to negotiate and rebuffed all offers and calls. ??????

NPS's CEO Mike Montford lied like a fish. He would say one thing and do another or never do it. He was not interested in us because we couldn't turn him the tall dollars like years past. BTW I wonder how well Sobongo is doing?? LOL :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)