Socal TWC Audio problems

joemoia

Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
Hello, I am a TWC digital TV subscriber in Torrance Ca., and have been experiencing TV audio problems (HD and SD) for quite some time. I'm hoping someone
on this forum may be of assistance. The problems are described below:

1. Intermittent/complete loss of audio on the HD channels. Occasionally I loose complete audio or get intermittent audio on the HD channels. When this
situation occurs it affects all of the HD channels and the only recourse is to switch over to the SD channel. After an hour or so when I switch back to
the HD channel the audio is back to normal. this problem also occurs with programs I have recorded and try to play later. This problem occurs every 2-4
days and has happened since I got my HD TV last year.

2. Loss of audio on SD channels. Occassionally I will loose audio completely on an SD channel. When this occurs I have to "pause" the DVR and then hit
"play", or momentarily change channels to get the audio back. This problem used to happen with my old SD TV. It also happens with recorded programs during playback.

I have an SA 8300 HDC DVR from TWC. I know there are at least 2 versions of this DVR (based on the display you see on the TV), because in the past I've
had to exchange DVRs for other problems. I don't know how to describe the version of the DVR I currently have except to say that the channel menu has a
blue background while the other version I've had has brown background. Also with the "blue" version I have to disconnect the power cord to reset the DVR,
while with the "brown" version I can just push and hold the power button to reset.

The TV is a Sony HD model 40Z4100.

Interconnect from the DVR to the TV is via an HDMI cable. Normally I run the audio out from the TV through my stereo receiver to my stereo speakers, but
the audio problems also occur when I just use the TV's internal speakers.

I believe the problem is either with the DVR or TWC's input signal into the DVR. Because of the intermittent nature and short term effect, TWC's customer
service has been of no help. Any info, advice or solution to these problem, or additional info I could provide TWC's customer service concerning these
problems would be greatly appreciated. (I hope it's not a compatibilty problem between the Sony TV and DVR because I can't exchange the TV)

TIA
Joe Moia

You have called customer service, but have you had a service technician come to your house. If not, call and get a service tech out thier to check your problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts