Software Update Coming

Oh, and another thing I spotted: if I press the vertical ellipses next to the search, my iPad does this:
1685215198717.png

Reactions: charlesrshell
it does have quite a few advantages over a browser shortcut:
  • It does run as it's own "task", so you can easily switch between the App and others tasks
  • If started in standalone mode, if does feel more like an App as the navigation controls/URL bar are hidden which also does give a little bit more screen space
  • Push Notifications will show up on its own instead of being your Browser (Chrome, etc.)
  • On suporting systems, a PWA can be a share target
  • If users click on links to 3rd party websites, they can easily go back to the App by clicking X, just like they are used to from Apps like Twitter, Facebook, etc

Reactions: Foxbat
it does have quite a few advantages over a browser shortcut:
  • It does run as it's own "task", so you can easily switch between the App and others tasks
  • If started in standalone mode, if does feel more like an App as the navigation controls/URL bar are hidden which also does give a little bit more screen space
  • Push Notifications will show up on its own instead of being your Browser (Chrome, etc.)
  • On suporting systems, a PWA can be a share target
  • If users click on links to 3rd party websites, they can easily go back to the App by clicking X, just like they are used to from Apps like Twitter, Facebook, etc
Also, my Android SatGuys PWA shows up in my phone settings apps list. You can adjust a few notifications, etc.