Software Update In Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
When doing an upgrade, I always remember Junior Samples wisdom, " There's no use worryin', nothin's gonna turn out all right!"

Ok I am ALMOST happy with the Navbar...

They changed a LOT of the Style Variables. So took me a long time to find everything... then I found this.

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entry.php/2496-4-1-10-StyleVar-Changes

As far as I can tell the font sizes are the same as they were before the upgrade.

Anyways I am going cross eyed looking at the computer so I am going to call it a night. :)

Thanks for your patience everyone!

You might want to remove the Red, Blue, Green, and Black "themes" (for now). When they're selected, the top navigation bar is still messed up. I know you were working on that bar but I presume it's only with the default theme/style.

No the font will go back to the old size (its too small now) I have a ticket in to vBulletin asking what the exact new stylevar is for the font size in message posts, so I dont need to keep trying a million different ones (which is a pain as I got to clear the cache for each change) then its its not it change it back, clear the cache again and repeat until I find the exact one. :)

Something missing. I don't know what you call it but where I now have envelopes it used Avatars.:confused:

Capture.PNG

Ok I have been through all the code and am relatively happy... all styles seem to work on all browsers and all features have been restored. I tested on IE 7, IE8, IE 9, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

Which means the site is usable (although not perfect...)

However I am not 100% happy with it since many of the StyleVar's have changes from vBulletin 4.1.8 to 4.1.10, so going forward updates may be a problem with the old styles. I don't want that so what I am going to do is create a new SatelliteGuys look using the new defaults and stylevars so going forward this won't be an issue (until vBulletin changes more stylevars) :)

I will be doing this behind the scenes, and honestly when I am done and flip over to the new version you the users should not notice a difference. But I will be happy knowing that all the controls in the system are doing what they are supposed to be doing, and that's without outdated code. :)

Thanks for your patience last night and this morning!

Looking much better on firefox 3.6.25!The fonts seem larger than before but that's fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)