Software Update Today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I found this to fix the SatelliteGuys Default mode on my iPad Air:

Delete history, cache, and cookies​

Here's how to clear information from your device:
  • To clear your history and cookies, go to Settings > Safari, and tap Clear History and Website Data. Clearing your history, cookies, and browsing data from Safari won't change your AutoFill information.
  • To clear your cookies and keep your history, go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data, then tap Remove All Website Data.
I found this works best if Safari is closed when you do it, and you’ll need to log back in to SatelliteGuys (and any other sites) when you open the site back up.

And this seems to have fixed the problem with the extra “Mark Read” button on multi-page threads.

Reactions: KE4EST
I found this to fix the SatelliteGuys Default mode on my iPad Air:

Delete history, cache, and cookies​

Here's how to clear information from your device:
  • To clear your history and cookies, go to Settings > Safari, and tap Clear History and Website Data. Clearing your history, cookies, and browsing data from Safari won't change your AutoFill information.
  • To clear your cookies and keep your history, go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data, then tap Remove All Website Data.
I found this works best if Safari is closed when you do it, and you’ll need to log back in to SatelliteGuys (and any other sites) when you open the site back up.

And this seems to have fixed the problem with the extra “Mark Read” button on multi-page threads.
By Jove that worked! Head to the pub bar and I have a special glass of Reisling just for you and the Mrs.!

Reactions: Foxbat and KE4EST
If you are talking about on an iPad or iOS device, it works the same as Safari.

I just did it in Chrome and it fixed it.
I'm actually using a desktop running Windows 10 ...
I may be one of the few that still use a Desktop, but it works.

Ok, on the same Desktop computer, when I open the website in Chrome, things are still messed up (all of these are with Dark mode)
Firefox is messed up
Edge looks like all the icons are good and looks the way I would expect Chrome to look, when fixed.

Ok, on the same Desktop computer, when I open the website in Chrome, things are still messed up (all of these are with Dark mode)
Firefox is messed up
Edge looks like all the icons are good and looks the way I would expect Chrome to look, when fixed.
It shouldn't make any difference. the instructions pertain to Windows as well:

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 10.07.21 AM.png

Reactions: Jimbo
It shouldn't make any difference. the instructions pertain to Windows as well:

View attachment 149004
That isn't process for any of my up to date Chrome or Chrome edge browsers in Windows.

Three dots
Settings
Cookies and Site Permissions
Cookies and Site Data - Right Panel Top of list
Three lines down - See All Cookies and Site Data

Then two choices search for the cookies/data you want such as "Satellite" or Remove all.

BTW none of this works in any of my Chrome/Chrome Edge browsers still broken in Dark Mode. It may have fixed other non dark modes.

Regarding the icon problem in Firefox, I fixed it on my Debian box by deleting all of the 48KB "site data" occurences in the cache. I had already purged all satelliteguys cache content so it appears that you have to go beyond those to swat the bug.

I reasoned that the icons might be stored in some relatively large cookie. Some of them are named for sites but many of them include safeframe.googlesyndication.com in the domain.

I don't know if Chrome and similar detail the size of the entries in the cache but you might try whacking the googlesyndication entries.

Reactions: dishdude
Regarding the icon problem in Firefox, I fixed it on my Debian box by deleting all of the 48KB "site data" occurences in the cache. I had already purged all satelliteguys cache content so it appears that you have to go beyond those to swat the bug.

I reasoned that the icons might be stored in some relatively large cookie. Some of them are named for sites but many of them include safeframe.googlesyndication.com in the domain.

I don't know if Chrome and similar detail the size of the entries in the cache but you might try whacking the googlesyndication entries.

That did it. If you're in Chrome, all you need to do is hit ctrl + F5 and it'll only delete it for the site you're on.

Got a reply from Xen support finally and they indicated that all appears to be working as designed. They are blaming local caching on the individual user computer, which makes sense.

On all 3 of my machines now all appears normal, while others are still reporting issues.

They are having me rebuild the index on a few things including the search index, which I am doing now.

Reactions: TheKrell
Well spent the last 4 hours working on things... again things appear to be working fine on all 3 machines. If you are having an issue, try clearing your cache and you should be good.

I also went through and updated a bunch of plugins (and spent about $200 renewing a bunch of plugins we had already had which were expiring)

In addition I have set up SatelliteGuys as a "Progressive Web App" so for you with Android devices you will be able to set SatelliteGuys as a default app on your system and not need any special software. (I don't have an android device so I can't test it). but I am told it take 24 - 48 hours before those devices see the changes.

Enjoy! :)

Reactions: KE4EST
I wonder if the problem with Dynamic Signatures is ever going to be fixed? I’m always seeing my EOC Stats as of the moment I saved my Avatar, then it never updates the image.