Software update & wireless client FYI

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nuttz565

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
colorado
So I have had 3 wireless clients(C41W) up and running mostly hitch free for about 6 months. This morning I noticed none of them were connected to the video bridge. After messing around with them for a bit I noticed that a new software- 0x870 had been installed last night. So I figured that the software update might have something to do with it so I called *D. Sure enough they told me that there were issues with this software and the wireless clients and that they were unable to fix it before it was pushed out. So I have a tech coming out next week and hopefully he can fix it but I thought I would let everyone else know of the issues

Reactions: Broe67
The 870 software update was to fix the auto delete glitch from the last software version. Have you tried rebooting the C41s?

Ya I've tried rebooting them but it's still not wanting to connect. It's weird when I go to the add client set up on the Genie the clients will say they are getting excellent signal but they just time out when trying to find the server.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Interesting, I have not seen anyone else report this........

Try to remove the wvb from the genie in the menu settings then unplug every box in the house and the video bridge. Plug the Genie in first. Let it boot to live video then plug the wvb back in. Wait till the wvb led status is solid blue then check in the whole home wireless video bridge status menu to verify it is detected properly. Next generate a pin aka manage/add clients. All u r 41w's should still be unplugged at this point. Plug 1 in and press and hold the red reset button while it is starting up. You will notice the screen a solid blue longer than normal before the hello message pops. Once you see hello you can let go of the reset button. From their your wifi signal strength page will load when you see continue select is and wait for your 2min pairing countdown. Enter the pin and reconfigure the client. When you get to live tv, move onto the next client. Just make sure to only do one at a time. When your done release the genie from the pin screen and all should be good.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts