software update?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TomCat4680

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 15, 2008
Mt. Morris, Michigan
Anybody know when D* is going to do the next software update? Are they on a regular schedule or just random? I notice that some channels don't have logos on the guide (MLBN, Golf, Sportsman Channel and FSN affiliates), even though they added logos for almost all of the rest a few weeks ago.

There is no set release time table or schedule for software upgrades. It's just whenever a CE release cycle gets stable enough to be ready for national release.

you can try doing a forced download to get em. reset the reciever and at the welcome screen punch in on your remote 0,2,4,6,8.
i would try that first.

Doing the force download trick only works if a new release is cued up and ready to go. However, if a new release is cued up, it will download almost instantly anyway. So normally it won't do any good. There are only a couple of situations where you can really force a new download,

One is when you get a brand new box which are usually not on the most current national release. The other time is during a CE download window. Of course then you're getting riskier software and you shouldn't unless you are willing participant in the CE program.

To tell what release you're on, you can either press and hold the info button or go to Menu -> Parental, Fav's & Setup -> System Setup and then press select on Info & Test. This will give you the original version and the past upgrade listing the release number and time stamp of when you got the download.

The current national release is 0x2af.

i did click the link and i dont "speak" the "language" its in. its a bunch of codes. not all people are familiar with the technospeak or hold electrical engineering degrees.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see what is confusing about it, and I'm no EE. It shows a receiver model, the version of firmware, and where it is being sent from. Pretty simple.

When there is a software release we post it in the technical discussions forum with the release notes.

There was one for the HR2x line earlier this week.

I don't see what is confusing about it, and I'm no EE. It shows a receiver model, the version of firmware, and where it is being sent from. Pretty simple.
I agree, it looks confusing at first glance, but it is really pretty simple to understand if you look at it

Status
Please reply by conversation.