Software Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i think I am done messing around with the styles and am happy with the look now, it looks much cleaner than it did before.

I also went through and did some forums listing changes which I am happy with and makes stuff less cluttered.

Two new Pub Members Only features added today the first is the ability to collapse / hide the Sidebar. (Not available in the SatelliteGuys Classic Style)
The other is I have enabled Profile Posts / Status updates for Pub Members. When we first moved to XenForo we had this enabled but turned it off because people were using it to spam and to send private messages when its not a private message system. So now only Pub Members and Staff can post updates. Registered members (non Pub Members) may like someones status if they want. :)

Now I am told there is another patch coming out that fixes Firefox issues that some Firefox users are seeing. As soon as that is released I will apply it.

Thanks for your patience and for allowing us to make SatelliteGuys Better for you!

Ok just applied another patch which I believe takes care of he rest of the issues. :)

Here is what it fixed.
  • Sticky footer - minor javascript bug that caused the height of footer to increase
  • Postbit issue on firefox where images and text would not wrap properly - mainly affected firefox and IE
  • Flexbox footer improvements for IE10
  • Deleted uix_visitorTabs - we use navigation_visitor_tab for better support with add-ons
  • Home link as icon spacing on IE and Firefox
  • Social Media icons can be toggled on or off on a per theme basis as well as global
  • Global footer html parsing issue fixed - supports html now
  • rating and event icons in the profile tab have been fixed

Sidebar?? I guess us old fart Luddite antique 800x600 users,don't have to worry about such things :biggrin
Just the pita of now having to click MENU to get to where the Forums button is.

Is it just me or is the site snappy until you make a reply to a post?

It sits there for like 3 seconds then posts the reply finally

Is it just me or is the site snappy until you make a reply to a post?

It sits there for like 3 seconds then posts the reply finally
Let's see....

Yeah, definitely a hiccup there. Does exactly like you describe -- just hangs for a few seconds and then it posts.

Reactions: Mr Tony
I put in a ticket. If you see "Service Account" logged in or posting it is them trying to figure out whats going on. :D

Sorry if it's not working correctly. After filing a report last night I am told that the saving of the setting is browser dependent. And that my only options are to the collapse sidebar feature to all or leave it as is.

Seeing the same thing here on FF 35.0.1 on Windows 8.1

Instead of bugging them through a ticket I will try going through their forum, sometimes they are more likely to fix something is people bitch about it in their forum. :D

Reactions: TheKrell
I'm using Windows 8.1 and Firefox 35.0.1 and it's working fine. Very weird indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts