Software Upgrade for 3412, 3416

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Marcus Carr

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 10, 2006
Baltimore City, MD
On Wednesday morning Comcast did a software download in Baltimore that made several changes to my Motorola DVRs:

The Main Menu consolidated onto one page instead of two.

The ability to make and label up to five favorites lists (using an on-screen keyboard).

After hitting Guide button and Favorites button, the guide only displays favorite channels.

Mini-guide can be set to display two channels or three channels.

A timed screen saver (only covers the 4:3 area of the screen).

HD programs labeled as HD in the guide.

Hitting Rec button records everything in the buffer istead of starting at the current time.

A menu comes up after hitting My DVR button, brings up a menu of all DVR options, not just the list of recordings.

Manual recording can be set to "Mon-Fri".

A "Welcome to On Demand" screen after hitting the On Demand button.

"New" or end dates displayed for On Demand selections instead of "LC" (Last Chance).

A time bar while watching On Demand, just like the one for watching broadcasts and recordings.

Faster response time for On Demand controls.

Most of the changes are listed above. Here's a web page about the "improved guide":

http://www.comcast.com/improvedguide/

And the user guide:

http://www.comcast.com/MediaLibrary/1/2/CM/VanityURL/images/newguide/MoA24VodOspg_46.pdf

Firmware is version 16.35.

On another note, DVR rental has gone from $10 to $12 a month. (Coincidence?)

Last edited:
In the DC Metro area, specifically pg county, I also received a firmware upgrade too... so that means the HDMI to Receiver to TV problem is no longer an issue for me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts