Software upgrade

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tommytanker

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
central IL
This morning, our HDDVR 24started downloading software at 5:15 in morning (first time ever at that time) Numbers on top of screen were 1/1/0/20 and 7D/001B/05C8/06/0105. then below it said New Software found (05CB) I’m assuming those are the version numbers (05CB) It took 15 minutes.

Anybody know what the upgrade was or is this just a normal operation.

It sounds like you got a new national release.

It sounds like you got a new national release.

Ok understand caliber of man you are dealing with here, not brightest bulb in box, what is the national release. I'm gonna assume it's just a standard upgrade correct. Thank you for your quick reply.

Directv has a beta testing program for it's software. Once it passes muster, it's released nationally. That's probably what you got.

Tommy,
Nothing to worry about, you have the software the majority of the country is on now.
Your box will update every so often with new software, typically it happens over night in the 4-6am range when most are not awake, thus it doesn't cause anyone problem as it's done before most know it was done.

Alright, that's kinda what I thought was happening but it's cool to be able to check it out. Thanks much.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)