Software version 10D1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

manhole

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Hi folks,

I forced an update this morning on my R15 which was currently running verson 10C8. When changing channels it would have a bad delay in updating the information in the banner of what was playing, so I thought I'd force an update to see if it would load a different version. Sure enough it updated itself, to version 10D1. I haven't seen anyone talk about that version so I thought I'd post it here. By the way, my manufacture code is 500.

-Manhole

stone phillips420 said:
what is model # of receiver youre talking bout?
ie hughes xxx, rca xx, and hr10-250 and so on.
He said an R15-500 (Humax).

I haven't heard anything about that version either though.

manhole said:
Hi folks,

I forced an update this morning on my R15 which was currently running verson 10C8. When changing channels it would have a bad delay in updating the information in the banner of what was playing, so I thought I'd force an update to see if it would load a different version. Sure enough it updated itself, to version 10D1. I haven't seen anyone talk about that version so I thought I'd post it here. By the way, my manufacture code is 500.

-Manhole

Did the update fix the delay you noted?

damaged said:
Did the update fix the delay you noted?

The delay is somewhat fixed. There are times where I change the channel now and there is no delay in the banner information, and there are times when there is still a delay (it seems to be less of a delay). It's about 50/50.

One thing I did notice with this new version however is that sometimes there seems to be a delay in the actual channel changing when I hit the channel up/down button, as if the receiver waits for a second before responding.

There is definately some problems DirecTV needs to fix on this receiver :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)