Software version 316

tommyd12345

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
greenbrier,ar
Have Hopper 3 and checked my version and it said 313. Went to tools menu and clicked on "software update" and hopper went through a reboot, but still says 313. Any reason it is not updating ? Thanks for any response.

Have Hopper 3 and checked my version and it said 313. Went to tools menu and clicked on "software update" and hopper went through a reboot, but still says 313. Any reason it is not updating ? Thanks for any response.
Here is the Hopper software update sequence I made. See if this helps you to update your software. Haven't used it in a while so if anyone sees an error please let me know.

Attachments

• 1 Software Update Sequence.docx
    12.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 1. Code 1573 Upgrade Softwarre.jpg
    1. Code 1573 Upgrade Softwarre.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 2. Hopper 3 Startup.jpg
    2. Hopper 3 Startup.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 3. DISH Screen Saver.jpg
    3. DISH Screen Saver.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 4. Code 061 Vital program info now be downloaded-1.jpg
    4. Code 061 Vital program info now be downloaded-1.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 5. Code 303 Waring Receiver's Memory Being Updated.jpg
    5. Code 303 Waring Receiver's Memory Being Updated.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 6. Code 498 Attention  Updating Remote.jpg
    6. Code 498 Attention Updating Remote.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 122
  • Love
Reactions: HipKat
I always prefer to let Dish install it for me when they think it's ready. Unless of course, there's a known fix or feature I'm interested in.....

For me 316 seems to have caused unusually long load times for multi episode recorded programs. A reboot has helped some.

Updated to 316 on 2/24,

Today H3
Watching nascar on
dvr delay while recording
2 hour buffer.

Dvr 30+ and 10-
Became slow reactive
And thankfully
(just) after end of race
Hopper3 rebooted
During reboot
Preformed 'self diagnosis'
A VERY LONG reboot series.

After Hopper home screen returned,
I executed a hard reset
Just to get a full cycling of the software.

Most likely
Unrelated to 316.

Reactions: charlesrshell
For me 316 seems to have caused unusually long load times for multi episode recorded programs. A reboot has helped some.
I'm noticing the same thing. Even stranger is scrolling down the episode guide. The channel and program info sync just fine until they don't. The next down arrow jumps down 6 or 7 entries, then the channels scroll but the program info stays locked to one previous channel. It seems to always be a longer show, such as a movie that causes it to hang.

I've gotten more than a few black screens with only the live preview in the upper right corner. The Hopper3 has been rebooted more times in the last week than the last 6 months.

I promised in one thread (forget which) to try H316 to see if it could show me both my 6TB and my 1.5TB EHDs at once. Nope; it's the same as it has been since the limit was expanded to 7TB. If I have both online, the 1.5TB takes over and the 6TB becomes invisible. :(

Reactions: charlesrshell
I promised in one thread (forget which) to try H316 to see if it could show me both my 6TB and my 1.5TB EHDs at once. Nope; it's the same as it has been since the limit was expanded to 7TB. If I have both online, the 1.5TB takes over and the 6TB becomes invisible. :(
If my memory serves me right, I think you have a Seagate drive with an internal hub, correct?

I looked it up and my big drive is a 6TB 5400 surveillance drive in a Fideco enclosure.
But I can connect up the 6TB and either my 1TB, 500G or the 1.5TB drive and it still sees any of the other three. Sometimes with the 1.5TB connected, I can read from both drives but my transfers to will error out with a Had Errors message. A reboot (Home,Home,Home, Reset this hopper) will bring both drives back online and I can then transfer to all.

But when I use my 6TB and either of the 1TB or 500G, it's stable right now as it's on the hairy edge of 7TB. I think the 7.5TB that I'm getting a probably a combination of the 5400 RPM drive, the enclosure and the non-powered hub.

I have a 8 port hub, and found out that for some stupid reason that I can't fathom, I have to plug the 6TB into the 1st slot nearest the interconnect cable. If I plug the other drive into any other port than the other FAR END port, it doesn't recognize it. ???? But if I have the 6TB at one end and the 2nd EHD at the other, all 3 other EHD's work.

As one of the three the 1.5 is only for wife's Christmas shows, it's only an issue for about 2 months and then I leave it disconnected until she gets in the mood again.

Here is a link to the enclosure and drive I got.

Amazon product ASIN B07D72Z4XDView: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D72Z4XD/

Amazon product ASIN B00UCP11U6View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UCP11U6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)