Software version L3.56 for ViP622

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
From the Tech. Portal, scheduled for Friday, March 31st.

03/30/2006: 1055 Software Version L3.56 for ViP 622 DVR

Effective Friday, March 31st, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L3.56 for the ViP 622 DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L3.56 will be the valid software version for the ViP 622 DVR.

What about the 211 receivers E*? Are you gonna fix our problems?

abricko said:
Release notes? Please post, unless you're talking about the notes at the top of the forum.

I don't have the release notes. I was referring to Scott's post about "Echostar X preparation" and the release notes in general. They rarely admit they're fixing something. I hope they prove me wrong when Scott posts the "release notes".

I have to say, it's been solid, i've skipped around and still in sync, no pops or dropouts, on live OTA HD and HD on dish and playback of recorded content I think they got this update out just in the nick of time for the big April Fools push!

I wish I was a lucky one that had continued audio improvement but I am not.

356 totally screwed my OTA Audio over coax to my second TV. I get pops all over the place no matter which tuner I have it on.

If I have it on a standard Dish channel I dont have the dropouts, only on OTA.

The pops are so loud that it makes the program unwatchable.

alleykat26 said:
I just had 622 installed yesterday. I'm still at L3.55. Is there any way to force an update. I had the unit off overnight.

To force an update do the following.

Set up your nightly update to happen in the next 5 min. Turn the unit off. At the scheduled time it will reboot and update.