software version L622

Roxor,

To make it a little clearer.

TV1 and TV2 can both record HD at the same time or independently. But only TV1 though the component or HDMI outputs can output HD.

If you play an HD program though the TV outputs (RF, composite, etc) or the TV1 composite or RF modulated output then the receiver will down-convert it to SD.

Hope that answers your base question.

Originally Posted by David_Levin
With L621 you could get the correct aspect ratio back by going to HDTV setup and selecting a different TV type, then reselecting the one you want. This fix seems to hold until the overnight reboot.

I don't have L622 yet, but you could give this a shot.

I'm hope they are not planning on changing this functionality. I use the Anamprphic S-video output for DVD Recording.
The pip swap button works much faster.

I wish it did. But for me, pushing pip swap w/o a pip window, did change the channel, but it didn't get me Anamorphic out of the Composite Port (where my Sling is attached).

Roxor,

To make it a little clearer.

TV1 and TV2 can both record HD at the same time or independently. But only TV1 though the component or HDMI outputs can output HD.

If you play an HD program though the TV outputs (RF, composite, etc) or the TV1 composite or RF modulated output then the receiver will down-convert it to SD.

Hope that answers your base question.
Thanks! Another question: How long does Dish offer software updates until they pull the plug? I know the 622 has been obsolete for awhile now.

Ummm ... Are we still on 622's L622 track ? ;)

Different version numbering.

EKB: ViP722k Software History

Duh and Duh.

The numbering is different, and the coding, but its made to look the same. They both have some of the same problems, so I was clearly making a statement that the 722k's have not seen anything new.

For the short bus folks, it was an FYI.

Smith, if you stopped complaining for one day, you'd have several hours to spend on typing classes.

Duh and Duh.

The numbering is different, and the coding, but its made to look the same. They both have some of the same problems, so I was clearly making a statement that the 722k's have not seen anything new.

For the short bus folks, it was an FYI.

Smith, if you stopped complaining for one day, you'd have several hours to spend on typing classes.
Short bus folks?? Nice.

I just figured with your well-documented switching back and forth between D* and E* you might have been confused for a minute. I guess as it turns out I was the one confused about why your 722k was relevant to this thread....

Current status of the spool:

PID=08B1h
DownloadID:50KC
Upgrading parts of new FW with filters: [2]
L622:'L040'-'L617'
L622:'L040'-'L617'
New FW:'L622'
List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs and SN: [2/2]
'1[1-8][13][A-G0-8]'&'RB[BDEGHJ-NPS].': {ViP622} R0000000001-R4000000000
'1[1-8][13][A-G0-8]'&'RJ[BCHJ-LNP-Z2-5].': {ViP722} R0000000001-R4000000000

So what does that mean?

How from the above gibberish can I tell when my 622 is going to be loaded? What can I match from the above to what numbers in my 622 to determine when I might get L622?

Are only 622's getting this or is 722's getting this as well (not 722k, hehe). I didn't know if they group them together or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts