software version L622

Bug found: editing names within groups

I found one bug with 6.22: when using groups, if you edit a show's name and then return to the list of shows in the group, the name will not reflect the change just made until you exit the group list and then get back in.

So, your 722 marked with Bootstrap 1418 and Builconfig RJQD, both are included, but only 'L040'-'L617' versions updating. So, you should wait for next wave.

L622 Hosed My Aspect Ratio?

My 722 updated the night before last and yesterday when I turned it on for the first time I discovered it would no longer output 16:9 to my HDTV. It squashes the picture on a 16:9 broadcast into the center of the screen (the opposite of "strech-o-vision") and a 4:3 broadcast is squished into an even smaller center box as well. Same with the guide and all menus (also in the picture-in-guide on a 16:9 broadcast the left and right sides of the picture are cut off). It seems L622 really did a number on my 722, as the software version is the only thing changed from the night before when everything was fine. Spent an hour yesterday troubleshooting with Dish, but I only had a HDMI cable so I'm getting component cables this morning. They said if I still can't get a 16:9 picture with component they would send me a replacement DVR. Anyone else heard of this issue???:confused:

Last edited:
My 722 updated the night before last and yesterday when I turned it on for the first time I discovered it would no longer output 16:9 to my HDTV.

I assume dish had you run through all the usual suspects (reboot, check settings, etc).

You should double (triple) check for format/aspect settings on the TV. The TV might be doing some kind of scaling. Also, do you have anything between the PVR and the TV (like an AV receiver) ?

I assume dish had you run through all the usual suspects (reboot, check settings, etc).

You should double (triple) check for format/aspect settings on the TV. The TV might be doing some kind of scaling. Also, do you have anything between the PVR and the TV (like an AV receiver) ?

Done/checked everything you mentioned multiple times...DVR is connected directly to the HDTV with HDMI.

My 722 updated the night before last and yesterday when I turned it on for the first time I discovered it would no longer output 16:9 to my HDTV. It squashes the picture on a 16:9 broadcast into the center of the screen (the opposite of "strech-o-vision") and a 4:3 broadcast is squished into an even smaller center box as well.

Are you sure it didn't reset your output to 480 4:3? I've heard of that happening, although it's never happened to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)