software version L622

I haven't noticed the skipping or aspect ratio problems, but every time I try to delete a timer or skip a scheduled recording the system locks up and reboots.

Did another version of L622 roll out recently? Mine downloaded something overnight..."previous software" in the counters menu now shows L622 and not L618 as it was last night (download counter is now 5 instead of 4) but system menu still shows L622 as being the current installed software (which has been for the past few weeks)

Did another version of L622 roll out recently? Mine downloaded something overnight..."previous software" in the counters menu now shows L622 and not L618 as it was last night (download counter is now 5 instead of 4) but system menu still shows L622 as being the current installed software (which has been for the past few weeks)

same here. Also bootstrap is now 1730 from 1718.

If directed to me, here is the newer:
Model ID VIP722 DVR-HD
Receiver CA ID R00875...
Smart Card ID S1911...
DNASP241 DshH03
Software Version L622RJQD-N
Boot Strap Version 1418RJQD

Receiver Mode Single

while the older has
Rec ID R00860...
Smart S1923...
DNASP241 DshH03
Software L622RJ2D-N
Boot Strap 1418RJ2D
Don't see it will help.
-Ken

Here is current criteria for L6.22/1830 update:
PID=08BCh
DownloadID:59KC
Upgrading parts of new FW with filters: [3]
L622:'L100'-'L621'
L622:'L100'-'L621'
1830:'1[0-8]1[A-G0-8]'&'L100'-'L622'
New FW:'L622'
List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs and SN: [3/3]
'1[0-8]1[A-G0-8]'&'RB[BDEGHK-NPS].': {ViP622} R0000000001-R4000000000
'1[0-8]30'&'RB[BDEGHK-NPS].': {ViP622} R0000000001-R4000000000

My 722 has-
L622 RJ2D-N
Bootstrap 1418

At some point this week (a few weeks after I originally got L622) they enabled OTA guide data. I do not pay for locals, so I'm not supposed to get OTA guide data :) SSSHHHHH, don't tell anyone...

My 722 has-
L622 RJ2D-N
Bootstrap 1418

At some point this week (a few weeks after I originally got L622) they enabled OTA guide data. I do not pay for locals, so I'm not supposed to get OTA guide data :) SSSHHHHH, don't tell anyone...
Too late - other person posted it in Internet.

So, in next FW it will be fixed. :(

Have a VIP722 in dual mode, working fine since April 09, till now. I have recently been noticing that the fan on the dvr would be very loud and the green light would cycle on and off and no audio or video on TV. Get screensaver and get guide info, but changing channels just goes to a different blank screen. Hit info and info comes up for channel, but nothing on screen. Have noticed it the last several days and not sure when I got L622. Did some soft reboots which took a while, but fixed the problem. Yesterday had to do hard reboot to get it to go as it wasn't even outputting a signal, just snow on TV 2. Has anyone else seen this issue with the new software?

I have a 722 with L622. I had the dvr set for football thursday. I got home around half time. When I started the recording, the box locked up and only showed the black screen. I did the reboot or hard reset. When it came back on everything seemed to be working fine, but my recording was pixeled and the audio was off. I kept getting the "recording was interrupted because of signal loss" error like it had been raining during the recording. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, so I'm not sure what happened. FWIW the box isn't over heating either. Average temps stay in the 90's.

Well I usually only get about 6-9 months out of a DVR before it has to be replaced. This one was replaced in February so it's time. At least I have the Hard Drive now so I won't loose my recordings. Its just frustrating that the 622/722's don't last longer. Sorry for the rant..

Well I usually only get about 6-9 months out of a DVR before it has to be replaced. This one was replaced in February so it's time. At least I have the Hard Drive now so I won't loose my recordings. Its just frustrating that the 622/722's don't last longer. Sorry for the rant..

What are you doing to them? Do you place them where there is adequate ventilation? I've had my 622 since 5/06 and it still works fine, it sits on a laptop cooler and is plugged into a UPS.

NightRyder

I killed the first one with heat to be fair. Since then, I've used P. Smith's idea. I don't have the top on and a fan blowing on it. My temps are fine. 722's average is under 100. I don't know what happened to the last two and now this one. I wrote it off as the units have cheap components and just don't last.

Oh and I have it on a good surge protector.

Last edited:
I killed the first one with heat to be fair. Since then, I've used P. Smith's idea. I don't have the top on and a fan blowing on it. My temps are fine. 722's average is under 100. I don't know what happened to the last two and now this one. I wrote it off as the units have cheap components and just don't last.

Oh and I have it on a good surge protector.

So you are on your 3rd (or 4th) box? Both of my 622 had to be replaced because of the HDMI failure (but I'd had them sine the original release eg years). The replacements (1 622 & 1 722) have been fine.

The original 622 HDMI are a know design issue. Most will fail sooner or later. The 722 has a redesigned HDMI port. on the refurb 622 the HDMI port has been reflowed & a spacer added to the screw mount on the back panel. The relow looks more solid then the original solder. Hopefully it'll do better, but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Besides that I haven't had any problems that a reboot couldn't deal with. Even with the HDMI failure I didn't lose any programming. These boxs are reasonably solid.

You mentioned losing recordsing with pixelation. Here's a case where I have seen this....

The L621 release was buggy. It never achieved full release. With it, I was getting occassional (1/month) Dish Pro Plus 44 switch lockups. All my boxes would lose signal at the same time (low strength, pixelation). To get things back I needed to reboot the switch.

This is not a simple as it sounds. The switch can get power from the boxes. So I needed to pull the power from all 3 of my receivers, then power cycle the switch power inserter, then bring the boxes back up.

The Tier 1 customer service people are idiots. If you didn't make it to advanced tech support I'd expect that boxes are getting replaced because Tier 1 customer service doesn't know a "Splitter" from a "Separator".

Call during the Denver Work Day, and if you get tier 1 (Indian), just ask to talk to "Advanced Customer Service".

Have a VIP722 in dual mode, working fine since April 09, till now. I have recently been noticing that the fan on the dvr would be very loud and the green light would cycle on and off and no audio or video on TV. Get screensaver and get guide info, but changing channels just goes to a different blank screen. Hit info and info comes up for channel, but nothing on screen. Have noticed it the last several days and not sure when I got L622. Did some soft reboots which took a while, but fixed the problem. Yesterday had to do hard reboot to get it to go as it wasn't even outputting a signal, just snow on TV 2. Has anyone else seen this issue with the new software?

OK this morning same issue (6 AM Eastern) loud fan, blank screen on TV1 and snow on TV2. Unplug 30 sec and nothing. Tried soft reboot, no go. Unplug for 20 min, nothing. Wait half hour and Unplug again for 30 sec. Loud clicks and pops on TV1 receiver and flashes of light on screen, finally rebooted and came on. Took three hard resets. Also my wife says that three mornings last week her Regis Philbin show did not record at 9AM eastern. Everything seems to be fine in evenings though. Watced football yesterday with no problems. Does this sound like an L622 issue or could it be receiver going bad or some other bug? System info says reciever health is good. Perplexed now.

OK this morning same issue (6 AM Eastern) loud fan, blank screen on TV1 and snow on TV2. Unplug 30 sec and nothing. Tried soft reboot, no go. Unplug for 20 min, nothing. Wait half hour and Unplug again for 30 sec. Loud clicks and pops on TV1 receiver and flashes of light on screen, finally rebooted and came on. Took three hard resets. Also my wife says that three mornings last week her Regis Philbin show did not record at 9AM eastern. Everything seems to be fine in evenings though. Watced football yesterday with no problems. Does this sound like an L622 issue or could it be receiver going bad or some other bug? System info says reciever health is good. Perplexed now.

Possibly a failing receiver. So watch it closely and be prepared to ask DISH to replace it. Save recordings you want to keep to a EHD archive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)